It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Anyone familiar with

The Lupus Book by Daniel J Wallace, M.D? If so have you read about CNS Lupus? And what do you make of it? I am tempted to buy and wanted to see someone's opinion on his theory of CNS Lupus. Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

Serenity81 HB User
Re: Anyone familiar with

I actually JUST received this book in the mail earlier this week and have already read it completely! It's a great resource and breaks the whole thing down into lay terms nicely. There's a whole chapter (roughly 20 pages or so) concerning CNS lupus and the effects lupus has on the nervous system. Not sure if this book in particular is what you're looking for as far as the CNS lupus is concerned, as it's only one chapter out of a 275 page book. However, I'm already finding the entire book a nice resource of information in one easy spot.

Last edited by Serenity81; 10-17-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User

Thanks Serenity, I think I will go ahead and order it this week. I was intrigued by the little that I read on the internet about his CNS Lupus theory and I do believe that I fall into that category. I was born with a cervical fusion and had to have a fusion several years ago and not long after that all my problems developed. I do believe it has a lot to do with all the CNS symptoms I experience that are not the standard for "simply" SLE and Fibromyalgia. I had so many CNS symptoms at the onset of all this, that I believed I had MS! Well thanks for sharing your thoughts, they are truly appreciated.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
(female)

heidiclouser HB User

I think it is good to have the Wallace book handy. The index is great and makes it easy to find information.

Closed Thread