It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

ilsgirl HB User
Could this be Lupus?

Hello-
My name is Alexandra and I am 34years old living in Arizona.
I was born and raised in Germany and moved to the US in 2001.
I have been having health problems since last summer (July). After my gallbladder was removed in November 2008 I thought all would get better, but it turned to the worse in February of this year.

Here is a list of symptoms I have been experiancing. I do not have any health insurance at this point and am trying to research as much as I can online. Please let me know if this could possibly be Lupus:

November 2008 gallbladder was removed during/after a visit to the ER.

Im Februar 2009 – severe pain in my chest. Left side. Numbness in arms, hands, fingers. Severe headaches. Pain radiating from chest to my jaw through my left arm. Trouble breathing, coughing, severe tiredness.

After that the pain started to radiate and travel through the entire body. Most Bones- cartilages are/were hurting.

Symptoms:
-Joint pain
-Pain in my bones (chest, ribs, hip, knees, ankles, toes, arms, hands, fingers, back, neck, skull (eye sockets), jaw etc.)
-Always tired
-Head aches (ca. 1-2 per week in the beginning)
-Trouble breathing (ca. 1 a week)
-Bruises, rashes,
-red broken blood vessels under the skin without hurting myself. Mostly in face (cheeks/ nose/ eyes) upper arms & chest
-Severe skin rashes after touching my saltwater equipment, tank, saltwater or jewelry.
-Fever blisters/ sores on my lips
-Open sores inside the roof of my mouth
-Stomach pains and nausea (2-3mal per week)
- nausea and random mix of dihorrhea/constipation
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Heart palpitations (sometimes can feel heart beating in chest when I sit or lay on a couch)
- Dizziness (1 time a week)
- Ringing or "buzz" in ears (1 time a week)
- Unexplained intestinal bleeding (for 1-2 days; not currently)

Arthritis and joint pain is the most common and constant symptom. This will occur in conjunction with other listed symptoms.
Some days I cannot walk, stand or sit for too long. The pain does subside with rest but does not go away.
This is really getting to me at this point. I used to be quite active and now I feel as if I am 100 years old some days. Some days are so bad that I cannot even open a can of food (use a can opener) for my children because my wrist joints hurt so much.

Arthritis Medicine und Anti Inflammatory do not help much. Ibuprofen etc.
Albuterol helps a bit with troubled breathing. Vicodin for pain. I take 1 Vicodin once or twice a week when going to the grocery store or any place that I need to walk or stand or sit longer than 20minutes.

September 28th 2009 – I had a seizure at 1am in bed. My first one. This was very scary.

A scaly rash appeared over my right eye Oct 12-13-14; Left eye swollen & red Oct 15-16-17-18 pain inside/around eye socket- trouble seeing out of my left eye.

Please let me know all of your thoughts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Alex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Could this be Lupus?

It is hard to tell from a list of symptoms. Each lupies is unique and presents differently. And lupus is very hard to diagnose. When you do have the resources to go to the doctor I would suggest you find a medical center/research hospital and find the very best doctor you can.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
(female)

drew33 HB User

Sorry to hear of your suffering, have you seen a docter and had blood tests, i have had lots of your symptoms and have been diagnosed with sjogrens syndrome and am just seeing if i have lupus as well. Have you had a positive ana test?.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
(female)

Bevm HB User

Alexandra, Please be careful. My sister had these symptoms and found out that she had a large brain tumor, then later found out that she had primary biliary cirrhosis of the liver from autoimmune disorders that run in our family. It also cound be lupus, which runs in our family. I would have doctor to check the liver levels as the gallbladder goes hand in hand with the autoimmune disorder of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis (this is not an alcoholic type cirrhosis but an automimmune cirrhosis). My sister did not get the brain scan until 5 years after her symptoms started and the tumor was the size of a large lemon. God bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsgirl View Post
Hello-
My name is Alexandra and I am 34years old living in Arizona.
I was born and raised in Germany and moved to the US in 2001.
I have been having health problems since last summer (July). After my gallbladder was removed in November 2008 I thought all would get better, but it turned to the worse in February of this year.

Here is a list of symptoms I have been experiancing. I do not have any health insurance at this point and am trying to research as much as I can online. Please let me know if this could possibly be Lupus:

November 2008 gallbladder was removed during/after a visit to the ER.

Im Februar 2009 – severe pain in my chest. Left side. Numbness in arms, hands, fingers. Severe headaches. Pain radiating from chest to my jaw through my left arm. Trouble breathing, coughing, severe tiredness.

After that the pain started to radiate and travel through the entire body. Most Bones- cartilages are/were hurting.

Symptoms:
-Joint pain
-Pain in my bones (chest, ribs, hip, knees, ankles, toes, arms, hands, fingers, back, neck, skull (eye sockets), jaw etc.)
-Always tired
-Head aches (ca. 1-2 per week in the beginning)
-Trouble breathing (ca. 1 a week)
-Bruises, rashes,
-red broken blood vessels under the skin without hurting myself. Mostly in face (cheeks/ nose/ eyes) upper arms & chest
-Severe skin rashes after touching my saltwater equipment, tank, saltwater or jewelry.
-Fever blisters/ sores on my lips
-Open sores inside the roof of my mouth
-Stomach pains and nausea (2-3mal per week)
- nausea and random mix of dihorrhea/constipation
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Heart palpitations (sometimes can feel heart beating in chest when I sit or lay on a couch)
- Dizziness (1 time a week)
- Ringing or "buzz" in ears (1 time a week)
- Unexplained intestinal bleeding (for 1-2 days; not currently)

Arthritis and joint pain is the most common and constant symptom. This will occur in conjunction with other listed symptoms.
Some days I cannot walk, stand or sit for too long. The pain does subside with rest but does not go away.
This is really getting to me at this point. I used to be quite active and now I feel as if I am 100 years old some days. Some days are so bad that I cannot even open a can of food (use a can opener) for my children because my wrist joints hurt so much.

Arthritis Medicine und Anti Inflammatory do not help much. Ibuprofen etc.
Albuterol helps a bit with troubled breathing. Vicodin for pain. I take 1 Vicodin once or twice a week when going to the grocery store or any place that I need to walk or stand or sit longer than 20minutes.

September 28th 2009 – I had a seizure at 1am in bed. My first one. This was very scary.

A scaly rash appeared over my right eye Oct 12-13-14; Left eye swollen & red Oct 15-16-17-18 pain inside/around eye socket- trouble seeing out of my left eye.

Please let me know all of your thoughts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Alex

Old 10-25-2009, 12:20 PM   #5
(female)

Bevm HB User

Also, the scaly rash could be psoriasis of the rheumatic kind. I have that. Mine tends to get worse when I am under stress, physical or mental.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #6
(female)

blessedbeauty HB User

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain and discomfort. I have lupus sle and I experience some of the symptoms that you named. I also have crohns disease and the intestinal symptoms that you are experiencing are very similar to mine. I am 26 I was diagnosed with lupus when I was 22 and crohns at the age of 24. I had my gallbladder removed also but continued to have gastro problems. After SEVERAL test I was then diagnosed with crohns disease. Please, please see a doctor because IF you do have either of these disease it can be very damaging. I use to weigh 135 lbs I got so sick and my health and weight drop severely. I got down to 110 lbs and needed emergency intestinal surgery on August 15. I'm much better now at 129 lbs : ) but it was very scarey. I pray that you have neither of these disease but please do see a doctor.

Wishing you well,
Blessed Beauty

Closed Thread