It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
(female)

STJ HB User
how can you have 2 positive anas and two negatives?

ok in september i got lab work done and my ana came back positive and my crp slightly high but it had no titer on it so he sent me back for another test w/ titer well the lab ended up just running it the same way and sent it back saying positive w/ no titer so he asked for titer again(using same blood i guess) and they said it was negative.so he sent me to a different lab this past week and it was neg.

so now im just confused did the 1st lab mess it up that bad? was a high crp a mistake too.or is there a reason that would be slightly high and my ana neg?symptoms are gastriointestonal problems (severe acid reflux ibs)joint pain,tiredness,fatigue and seizures.no i feel like the way they acted when they told me it was negative that their like well its negative it was ll a mistake your fine.is that true or can it be something else?

Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

septemberwoman HB User
Re: how can you have 2 positive anas and two negatives?

All through my 20s and 30s I would have ANA positives, then negatives--back and forth. That was way back in the 80s and doctors didn't know as much, so they just kept telling me it meant nothing. But I guess that was the MCTD just getting started. Hind sight is pretty much 20/20. Like Toby Keith sings--I wish I knew then what I know now!

So I think I would be patient and keep getting the tests over a course of a few months and see where you end up. Oh, and go to a Rheumy, not the GP because they used to seeing tests going neg. then pos. back and forth.

I have just prayed for you to get clear direction--God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: how can you have 2 positive anas and two negatives?

My CRP is always sky high....even when I have a negative ANA.

Closed Thread