It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

momto HB User
Got my results.....

Ok so I went in and she went over all of my results. First off my Vitamin D was REALLY low. 13, I beleive. SO she is treating me for that first.

2. My Epstein Barr levels came back high..but she was concerned b/c it wasnt just for the chronic infection, it was for the acute also. She said if I dont start feeling better with the Vitamin D, she will treat that also. She mentioned something about the chronic fatigue?? I guess thats what they tend to Label you with when your EBstein Barr is like that???

3. She did a test for (what she called) Drug induced Lupus, Which came back a weak positive????

Like I said she wants to treat the Vitamin D defiency first. She thinks that is more important right now. I will go back in 3 months (unless I start having more symptoms) and retest the blood and take it again from there.

SO I do feel better that at least I have some answers. Its not someone telling me its my anxiety or I am depressed!!!!

Thankyou all for listening to me throughout all of this

XOXO,

Tara

Old 11-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Got my results.....

Tara.....always good to get test results back. It seems many of us are vit d deficient. I take 1,000 iu a day to get my level up. I'm not exactly sure what the relationship between autoimmune and vit d is. My youngest daughter's vit d is low and luckily she doesn't have any symptoms of disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Tara, seems like you're moving ahead some? HOPE SO!

Re: vitamin D deficiency, I was also Vit D & B-12 deficient but was only given Plaquenil for the "core problem" that was Dx'ed (lupus). My labs improved fairly quickly.

My EBV values were off the chart. Interestingly, I saw articles on the news that a correlation between EBV and lupus has been suspected but never proven. But my drs. told me nothing can be done per se for the EBV.

Re: drug-induced lupus (DILE), is your anti-ss-DNA positive, anti-histone, or something else? I'm so curious which labs suggested DILE to your dr., only because in the last few months, two people I know well saw rheumies who suspected DILE, not SLE. One person took only a cholesterol med, and the other took both a blood pressure med and a cholesterol med. Did your rheumie zone in on meds you take that could be suspects?

This stuff is so complex! I'm glad you're trying some things & hope they help! Stay in touch, OK? Wishing you improvement & fuller answers soon, Vee

Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User

Another vitamin D deficient person here. My doctor says there are so many of us that they are thinking about making it a standard test. I had to take a prescription of 50,000 Iu to get my levels up and now I take 2 of those a month as Vit. D over the counter did not keep my levels up.

Depending where we live, (I am in the New England area) we don't get a lot of sunshine year round. The other thing is because we use sunblock (those that can go in the sun) the block blocks out the D, so that is a problem. I, like other Lupus patients cannot be in the sun at all. That was one of my first symptoms, many, many years ago.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM   #5
(female)

momto HB User

Thats what I am on 50,000 iu. Take one time a week.

My doc didnt say what can be done for the EBV....but she said we will see how u feel and than we can focus on the EBV. She was also mentioning the CFS. I dont know if she meant treating Chronic Fatigue??????

VEE- I want to say it was the anti-ss-DNA but I am not 100% sure. She showed it to me. I am actually awaiting a copy of my bloodwork b/c I think I want to keep a copy of everything.

BUt I am also not on any medication. About 2 years ago I was put on B/p meds b/c after I had my son, my B/p kept going up. But I have been off of that for a year now???? She was stumped at that???

But like I said I was really happy to walk out of there with something...not a prescription for xanax or antidepressants!!

I will def. keep you guys updated!!! Thankyou for everything!!

XOXO,

Tara

Old 11-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
(female)

momto HB User

Vee I was wrong. It was the anti-Histone. Sorry about that.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Tara, did you ask what anti-histone is suggestive of? Or is it one of those puzzling findings that doesn't point to anything in particular? But in the meanwhile, hope the Vit D helps! Stay in touch, OK? All my best, Vee

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #8
(female)

momto HB User

I think its one of those puzzling findings??????? She was actually stumped by it??????

So I guess she will repeat the bloodwork in three months and see what happens???

Thankyou for taking the time to respond to my posts, even without a diagnosis!! I really appreciate it!

XOXO,

Tara

Closed Thread