It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

ozzyie135 HB Userozzyie135 HB User
is a month's treatment long enough???

the doctors started me on a course of antibiotics today even thou my test result came back clear for Lyme's but they only tested me for the boreillo virus and nothing else, My doctor was great he said he has had a number of patients with false negative results later to find out they did have it after all so he has started me on my medication without the positive result .....

my concern is ... is a months course long enuf seeing how i have many nuro problems going on as well as being diagnosed with Addison's also have connective tissue disorder don't know where this appeared from, also have been tested slightly positive for Lupus but they say i have not got this...(its all so confusing) i am so fed up of feeling poorly not just the normal average poorly , that i could cope wiv but i am finding everyday living such a struggle and feel i have no where to turn or that no one is interested (meaning the medical people) they seem to have just given up , this i am finding hard i just want a normal life again ... does any one else feel like this ... if so how do u cope ...please help any advise would be grateful ....

Report Bad Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: is a month's treatment long enough???

I would research the medication and how the dosage is used in certain situations. I know that most antibiotics are either 5 days or a weeks worth say for a sore throat or upper respiratory infection, so a month's worth is definitely a long time for antibiotic therapy. However in some circumstances you might see them prescribe for a longer period, such as a bone infection or chronic urinary tract infection. I would look it up and if you are not satisfied, then speak to your pharmacist and doctor to clarify.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread