It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
(male)

rahman555 HB User
DNA(Double strand) & ANA positive

Hi all,
I am a SLE patient since 10 years,resently in my routine check up,doctor found my 24 hour urine protien was too high, so the doctor suggested DNA(Double strand) & ANA tests.Then it was found DNA 4.879 C/O ANA 4.107 C/O .So i was referred to nefrologist who then priscribed me 40 mg cortico steroid and 2000 mg CellCept a day for a month.I don't feel any problem of SLE since two years..I am totally confused why my doctors wanted me to take so much medicines..If anybody can clear my doubts..please help me..
regards!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:45 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: DNA(Double strand) & ANA positive

Hi & welcome! Please know I'm only a patient. But my understanding is that kidney filtering damage is "silent". It happens without our being aware of it. Therefore our doctors do routine urinalysis & bloodwork to watch for it; then, if detected, they send us to a nephrologist.

Where major organs are under attack, the lightest class of meds (anti-malarials) aren't enough. So, yes, stonger meds, meaning steroids and/or immunosuppressants, are definitely the standard reponse in this situation. Also, drs. may ask patients to reduce protein consumption.

I hope your next tests show improvement! And that others here who've been thru this post soon. Best wishes, sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #3
(male)

rahman555 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJ View Post
Hi & welcome! Please know I'm only a patient. But my understanding is that kidney filtering damage is "silent". It happens without our being aware of it. Therefore our doctors do routine urinalysis & bloodwork to watch for it; then, if detected, they send us to a nephrologist.

Where major organs are under attack, the lightest class of meds (anti-malarials) aren't enough. So, yes, stonger meds, meaning steroids and/or immunosuppressants, are definitely the standard reponse in this situation. Also, drs. may ask patients to reduce protein consumption.

I hope your next tests show improvement! And that others here who've been thru this post soon. Best wishes, sincerely, Vee
Hi Vee,

Thank you for ur quote,
Rumatologist had recomended to increase the protien in take as it was losing thru urine.
anyhow thanks for ur tips.
regards,
Rahman.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
(female)

jlfrrll HB User

Hi there I just read your post I to have lupus but on differant medications I would advise you to call the dr that put you on this medications and talk to him. Write down on paper all your concerns and questions to confront him/her with this. Your dr should have explained why he was doing this and ask is you had any questions. Alot of drs out there won't take the time to do this if the pt does ask questions or probe for answeres. In my case I ask everything and anything I can. You have the right to know. Good luck

Closed Thread