It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
Thumbs up Break Through on the TLE

Went to the new Dermie today who does take TLE seriously. Found out that the Tumid Lupus is a form of Cutaneous lupus erythematosus. She is re-testing my ANA levels and alsomy DNA something levels in 2 weeks, since I have so many of the symptons of SLE. She wants me to try the Plaquenil again, incase the rash I got was not from a reaction to it. Gave me a stronger script for the cream for my rash. She also gave me injections right into the rash, maybe this will help for now. She is also sending me back to a Rhumie. She dont like that the last one said there was nothing he could do for me, just cause at the time of my appt my kness had no inflamation. Which I do get just not every day.
This Dermie also teaches at our Local University, and took pics of my rash to use in teaching.Dont think she would do that if she was not serious.
Anyways I feel like I am making some headway finally.

Teeha

Old 12-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Break Through on the TLE

Teeha...does sound promising. I'm not sure why so much hinged on the swelling of knees. I've never had swelling.

I have an appointment with my dermie tomorrow. I have a itchy rash on my stomach and chest....some raised and some flat. I've never had a lupus rash itch so I'm not sure what this is. She diagnosed my lupus, my shingles and my lymphoma. I'm wondering what horrible disease she'll find this time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Teeha, excellent news! I HATE it when dermies see skin issues but nothing else about you. Your new dermie sounds like an all-around DOCTOR! It's good seeing your update. Please keep us posted. All my best, Vee

Old 12-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidiclouser View Post
Teeha...does sound promising. I'm not sure why so much hinged on the swelling of knees. I've never had swelling.

I have an appointment with my dermie tomorrow. I have a itchy rash on my stomach and chest....some raised and some flat. I've never had a lupus rash itch so I'm not sure what this is. She diagnosed my lupus, my shingles and my lymphoma. I'm wondering what horrible disease she'll find this time.
I would have the rash biopsied, as several forms of lupus skin rash do itch. With the TLE (which is raised) the only way to get 100% diagnoises on it is the biopsy re: punch test. The rash for DLE is not raised and looks white and scaly in most patients sometimes it does look otherwise.

With the TLE rash after it goes away it leaves a bruised look under the skin. With the DLE it typically leaves a white scar on top tof the skin. All of this can be seen in the pics from research sites.

Keep us updated on this rash please.I am interested to see what your dermie says.

Teeha

Old 12-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Heidi, I certainly HOPE you'll have no new horrible diseases found! Did you get a "first take" from your dermie today? Hope so. You didn't need this!

Teeha, the more of your posts I see over time, the more I sense you're one of those really low-percentage people, like I was. I'm so glad your new dermie is looking at the WHOLE YOU. Do you feel really low when your rash comes on? I did, yet I was viewed as someone with just a weird skin problem. I needed *systemic* treatment (Plaquenil!), but I couldn't even get a "skin-only" answer. May 2010 be the year you get a handle on your problems... say in early January? I've got my fingers crossed for you, Vee

Old 12-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
(female)

VeeJ,

I actually feel low when my kness have the inflamation cause that is also usually when I am fatigued. My Rash last for 1 1/2 -3 months from start to finish. Then I get a little break and it comes back again. The knees and fatigued happen when I have the rash and when I dont. I started back on the Plaquenil today. I pray to God in Heaven that I can take it and dont break out again form it. Well as we all have to do will see each day hjow things go. And pray 2010 is better for ALL of us.

Teeha

Closed Thread