It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 PM   #1

iamacamera HB User
finger and toes go numb

Almost every day my fingers go numb at some point, initially it was only my right hand but now it is happening in both hands, not usually at the same time. First they turn white, then blue, then red then normal (quite patriotic!). Now I am noticing that my toes also become numb.

My primary physician laid it off as carpal tunnel and wrote scrip for a brace but now I think that was a premature diagnosis. Does anyone have any idea what is going on. I am a 61 year old male, otherwise in very good health. I am very active and would like to continue to be so. I first noticed it on a backpacking expedition last Jan (2009) and dismissed as being cold since it was about 25 with a 30mph wind. Now it is happening even when I'm not cold.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
Re: finger and toes go numb

It could be several things. Bad circulation, fibromylgia, raynoids disease. Many things have the same or similar symptons. I would get a 2nd opinion if your not comfortable with what your doc said. Ofcourse this is only my opinion as I am just a patient.

Teeha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
(female)

Angel MJ HB User
Re: finger and toes go numb

along with the other things mentioned - neuropathy comes to mind

raynauds is *usually* accompanied by color changes

there is a simple test for carpal tunnel .............. okay i am going to TRY explain ............ when you put your hands together ....... like an upside down, inside out prayer? not sure if this is creating desired effect here

so instead of *praying* put the palms away from each other and fingers touching ......... if that creates the same feeling then it could be carpal tunnel

but maybe getting a second opinion wouldn't be entirely bad

Last edited by Angel MJ; 01-02-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Closed Thread