It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

angieskye HB User
lupus

hi all other lupus persons am glad i found this site as it is a hard disease to deal with and its nice to be able to speak with others who understand

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: lupus

angieskye, hi & welcome! I hope you're doing as well as possible. Look forward to reading your posts. Bye & best wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
(female)

angieskye HB User

hi all i just found out in august that i got lupus i am still coming to terms with it there is so much to take in my husband is so supportive he comes to all my app and as u all know there constant it is hard to believe that it is not a comman illness there r alot of peeps who r ignorant to it i cant get used to the everyday symtoms because ech day brings a new challange lupus has changed my life i am trying to be positive some days u r and other u dont want to get out of bed i am sure i will learn how to deal with it in a more positive way hope all is well with u other lupus patient and hope all is well keep your chins up

Old 01-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #4
(female)

karellh HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieskye View Post
hi all other lupus persons am glad i found this site as it is a hard disease to deal with and its nice to be able to speak with others who understand

hi angieskye , i also find lupus hard to deal with , i suffer with fatigue and pain mostly and find everyday tasks difficult at times . i suffer anaemia, heart spasms, sticky blood, joint pain/weakness , fatigue, alopecia, dry eyes/mouth,and arthritis, but since i have been taking hydroxychloroquine my symptoms have eased significantly. Therefore making my everyday life more bearable . take care of yourself x

Old 01-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hiya, I too am in the UK and would like to welcome you both.

What I would suggest firstly is that you strive to get a good lupus doctor. This I know is hard to do as in the UK it is difficult to get appointments. If you can, push and push for a consultant who knows what he/she is talking about. Never be afraid to ask questions and make sure you understand exactly what is being said to you. If you don't then please ask and ask until you do. It is essential that you get as much information from a lupus doctor as you possibly can.

They in turn will be able, if they think it is necessary, to make appointments with other relevant clinics to ensure you and they get an overall picture of your condition.

This forum is an invaluable source of support and understand though. Emotional support with this and any other chronic illness is paramount I believe, and you will get that in tons here.

Take care

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 01-25-2010 at 10:21 AM.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
(female)

lollson HB User

Hi everyone...I just got diagnosed with SLE and fibromyalgia and have been put on hydroxychloroquine to treat my joint pain and stiffness...can anyone tell me if it works...it has some weird side effects and I'm wondering if anyone has encountered them? Thanks so much!!

Closed Thread