It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

teeha HB Userteeha HB User
Question Headaches and low grade fevers

HI all,

I have been experiencing for the last couple months the low grade fever and then comes a migraine headche that last for a couple of days. I am on the plaquenil and it is not creating a rash this time. Does anyone else experince this?

Teeha

Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Headaches and low grade fevers

Teeha, I had those before Plaquenil! Plaquenil can take 3-4 months, or more, to reach its full effect. When did you restart it? Hope your migraines disappear fast! Warm wishes, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

VeeJ I restarted the plaquenil one month ago now. I just got over a major bout with burcitis that went from up in my neck down to my elbow. I go see family Doc Mon for blood test to check thyroid meds, and I go see the dermie again Thurs. And I am now starting with another headache tonight.Guess I will mention this to both Docs and see what they say. Now on the upside of things I have lost over 20 lbs and 2 pants sizes. So that in itself makes me feel so much better,healthier. My breathing is betterand I have more energy. Still wore out after 5 hours of work though. Thats is all I can handle still. I used to be able to handle more then 8 hours a day. Anyhow, all good things come to those who wait. So Patience is key

Teeha

Old 02-06-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

teeha you sound so positive! 5 hours is a lot! i think i get 2 - 3 hours max at a time with an equally long break in between!

i am also getting frequent migraines (last one 5 days)
is it the polyps, is it the ears, is it the eyes, is it inflam in the brain? is it rebound from ibuprofen? is it part of the itis group again? (sinusitus, bronchitis etc)

i am so desperately trying not to go to doc ...... treatment options are bleak.

if it persists will HAVE to go to a doc, at least for labs, xrays/scans etc

the sun light is a trigger for me - it is MUCH better at night (can open my eyes and still function)
so good luck hope it goes FAST!

Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
(female)

Angel MJ,

Well as any Doctor can tell myou having a possitive Attitude is 50% of the battle to get healthy. And hey it cost nothing!!! The best part of anything is Free. When I get the migraines the dont always start in one area of my head although the last few times they have started at what seemed to be sinsus, and turned out to be migraine. Start at top of my head and then go forward to the eyes and then to the back of my head near the neck. then my tummy . A Friend of mine who is a doc told me to talk to my doc about Imatrix for them. I am doing that tomorrow when I go see my family doc for check up on the thyroid. I go Thurs to the Dermie for check up on the TLE and will show her this lump I have satred to develope on my middle finger at the top joint.... Could this be a tell tale sign of RA? yes as I researched that.
I am just hoping she has a rhumie for me to go to that is not going to just schluff me off like the last one did.
As far as breaks at work, we do get 1 10 min break a day but with all I have they allow me to take a few mins here and there when ever I need them, cause there are days I do only take 5 of my 10 mins only if I am feeling good.
So they scratch my back and I scratch thiers. Works for me.
Teeha

Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
(female)

Angel MJ HB User

teeha
excessive caffiene also causes rebound headaches
as you, i have different kinds of headaches ........ not all form into migraines!
heard imatrix works a treat altho may have to take a few! got to zap it before it gets too bad! also if it gets that bad then dark + quiet spaces - close the eyes! mostly 1-2 hours then i can open my eyes again, the newest version is definitely sun sensitivity, i would wear sun glasses inside but i am affraid of breaking more toes (furniture moves)

good luck at the docs

Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
(female)

Angel MJ
My GP gave me scrip for imitrex. And yes I get them from sun sensitivity also, from many thing right down to my nasal alergies. He also gave me something for my RLS, and this small lump on my middle finger joint that has satred to appear he is not to worried about right now, but I am going to my dermie tomorrow for check up and will have her check it. I am hoping she has contacted the Rhumie she uses and has gottan me an apt there. If not I am going to press for it as the swelling in my right knee has been back for a few days. Will keep ya posted on how this goes also.
Teeha

Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
(female)

hey ok went to my dermie today. She is happy with my progress so far on the plaquenil and is keeping me on it. Ofcourse I need to go get my eyes checked, its that time of year anyways. She also has an appt set up with a rhumie for me on the 22nd this month. So we shall see how that goes.

Teeha

Closed Thread