It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
(female)

tinkertot HB User
Brain fog blues

Have had TERRIBLE brain fog today. I am wondering if brain fog is the same for everyone. I find it extremely difficult to put into words. I hate, hate, hate it. I feel like nothing is real, its like being in a sureal state, another zone, world. I am unable to take some things in, can't concentrate, have no spacial awareness and I feel like my head has been stuffed with a million tonnes of cotton wool.
I t has really got me down today, feel like I need a head transplant. My eyes feel heavy with it aswel.
Is this normal for brain fog?. Does anyone else get this, or is it different. I honestly feel like I am going mad today!....

Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User
Re: Brain fog blues

Yes i can relate with you on the brain fog. I also feel exactly as you explained it. It drives me nuts. I don't have lupus but have fibromyalgia and autoimmune skin problems. And am on predisone and cellcept and these meds make it worse. I feel like my head or brain is swelled up and full of fuzz. Trouble concertrating or doing anything

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

kinikki HB User

Hi there, Im sorry for what you are going thru. I can sympathize and I too have that same type of feeling very often, an "unreal" feeling like Im almost watching my life as a movie instead of living in it. When it first started I used to get terrible anxiety attacks as well (still get anxiety attacks actually). I also have "the hard to think and concentrate" foggyness, I am horrified when I realize I have forgotten to do something that I would have never had to think twice about, like close the door when I leave the house1, even worse I catch myself putting milk away in the closet. I hope you feel better, take care.
- Nicole

Old 12-28-2011, 11:29 PM   #4
(male)

Vishalv HB User

Hello everyone, i want wish you all a merry christmas first of all

Secondly,
I think i may have brain fog, originally thought to be PTSD ( after a bad car crash) then depression. Im only a 24 yr old guy. This first started when i was 21, progressed into brain fog. I too cannot concentrate, recall events, conversations, things i was going to do, get side tracked often and at times..dropped out of university bc it got really bad..i couldnt bear spending another 6 grand on a year if i was barely getting by...now im on paxil, 25 mg, been abt 4 months, i think it may have cleared the blues ive gotten for feeling like this for 3 years. Im a young guy who cant enjoy the prime of his life, i guess i can see that this may have affected my mood.

Everything was fine until a few days ago, and then it just hit me, got into a bad fight with my gf and i felt that stupid sensation...the fog settling in. I cant live like this anymore so im honestly putting in every ounce of effort into this more than i have ever before. Looking into every possible outlet, web, books, doctors...

Have any of you guys gotten better lately, try any meds that may have helped, remedies, anything!? Especially you kinikki, you seem to have some understanding of this, have u gotten better over time? I dont know how anyone can go on...i really hope i have it in me, the onyl reason im still here is for my family, other than that, i have no will to live if i dont the end of this soon....Any replies please would show me that i am not alone

ps: Was it difficult for you guys to write a response, i feel like its super hard to think of how to write this response, damn....

Closed Thread