It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
(female)

tinkertot HB User
Constant payback

I baked a cake yesterday. It was lovely, we all enjoyed it. HOWEVER, after using an electric hand whisk and so on to make the cake, my hand is now swollen and my arms ache SO bad. This is ridiculous!
Today, I have nausea from hell, extreme brain fog, and stiffness that would resemble a cardboard cut out.
I am SO low, I just don't know what to do. I wish to god this would go away. I haven't even been diagnosed with Lupus, they just suspect it.
I so need to vent here. I am tired of the payback I get for most things I do, I am tired of being tired and feeling awful.
Does anyone else get swollen hands if they do manual stuff?.Also my feet really hurt. The arches have fallen in both feet, again, is this just one of those things or could it be lupus related.
My sister had Erythema Nodosum many years ago and my grandmother Rheumatic fever twice. Is there any gene link with Auto immune diseases. Sorry for all the questions, and ranting on, Just feeling fed up..........

Old 02-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

heidiclouser HB User
Re: Constant payback

Sorry you are having a rough time right now Tink. Life with lupus is a series of choices and compromises.

I have lots of issues with my hands....mostly tendon related. I had surgery on my left wrist last summer that was unsucceessful. My feet almost always hurt after I stand too long. I got rid of the burning with cymbalta.

The research states that one has a genetic predisposition for lupus and then there is an environmental trigger. They have figured out that lupus, diabetes and MS are genetically related. I have a sister with diabetes and a first cousin with MS. I suspect I have another cousin with celiac disease.

Are you seeing a rheumy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Constant payback

I can sympathize. I just had my three year old granddaughter spend the night with her Grammy and I have to leave off one of my meds in order to feel safe during the night. I know I pay for a week after a visit like this. I just know that I refuse to give up any enjoyable retreat from the daily mundane exixtence I have become to know as my normal life now. I need to have some interaction with others that brings smiles to my face. We all have to make tough choices in order to give some pleasure to our lives and others. I have finally come to the conclusion that I am going to hurt no matter what I do, so I just try to get through it as unscathed as possible. So is our life now. So sorry that your generoisity towards your family backfired. Hope you feel better soon.

Closed Thread