It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Possible add to the mixture of Illnesses

I just got a confirmation that my child has Hemechromotosis. It is the genetic type that was positive for both genetic factors. I am now awaiting word from my doctor to be tested myself. I know there is a 50% chance that my granddaughter will have this illness as well. I have strongly suspected that my child had some definite systemic illness as a mother can tell by her child's demeanor and actions. I am heartsick for my child. I spoke to my own Rheumie about this possibility just last week and I pray that the case is not as advanced as I suspect. I had even toyed with the idea that Lupus may be the culprit for all of the symptoms my child was experiencing. I just hope that damage at this point is minimal and that regulation of care can improve the quality of life. A hemetologist is being scheduled. Keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Possible add to the mixture of Illnesses

My child saw the hemetologist and has begun phlebotomies for the iron overload. We were thrilled that the doctor said it was unusual to find it so early in the course of the illness. Thank goodness. They do not believe there has been any significant organ damage at this time. I am to be tested at my next doctor's appointment. I know that I have to be at least 50% of the cause of the hereditary condition, but I do hope I am not totally responsible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

goldy, there is good news even when things look so scarey. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Glojer

Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks for your kind words. I do so appreciate them. I am to see my doctor next week and request the necessary tests for myself.

Closed Thread