So, I had them fax the results to me...the doctor has yet to call to explain and has not (not yet) asked me to set a recheck appointment....so I have no idea what it means but maybe someone here can help decifer it??
Three Immunoglobulins were tested....
A 93 (In range, range is 81-463)
G 670 (out of range, range is 694-1618)
M 46 (out of range, range is 48 - 271)
ANACHOICE screen: POSITIVE
ANA Pattern NEGATIVE
Antinuclear Antibodies <1:40 titer (ref. range is <1:40 Negative)
Statement: "A positive ANACHOICE and a negative ANA IFA may still suggest the presence of autoimmune antibodies. Snce different test methodologies possess different sensitivities, testing for specific ENA and DS-DNA antibodies should be considered if clinically indicated."
I guess, since I haven't heard from the doctor, then I'll just assume that my original test was wrong and that what this test says is that I don't have Lupus or any other disease that falls into this category. And that there is nothing wrong. No news is good news, maybe? anyway....
Lolo, Have you heard anything from the doctor yet? I would love to help you but I just don't know how to interpret those labs. It does look like you ANA came back negative though.
With regard to the doctor calling.......I also had some blood tests last week. I KNOW the results were final before yesterday morning so I called the office yesterday. This is a NEW GP. The medical assistant said that they had received the results and they were on the doctor's desk for review. Either they will call to say everything is OK or they will call to set up an appointment to go over the results with me. I ALREADY KNOW that the results are NOT normal but I have heard NOTHING. Just not sure how long to hold off. It's important to me but they are taking their time. I just wanted to let you know that you are NOT alone!! Hoppy
No...I haven't heard...I've given up waiting on him. I think he's got issues....What I did do however is I had to take my son in for blood work. We have to go periodically to do this. I really like his doctor and I accept her advice. I showed her this new blood work result. She said that the immunoglobulins were low but not horribly low, and in her opinion it still warranted looking into to see why they were low. She kind of rolled her eyes as if to say "Oy" about the guy I went to see. She told me to go to Emory ( a very highly regarding hospital and medical university here in Atlanta) and get an academic doctor (her tone was one of "get a real doctor") to take a look and help me figure it out. So, that's what I've done. Unfortunately the appointment isn't until June. I'm on a waiting list for any cancelled appointments...hopefully one will come up soon. Not that I'm dying or anything, but not knowing is uncomfortable.
Just curious, what do people do when they their flares, feel like crud, but can't get in to see their doctors for months?? Just go to their regular GP or what?
Just help me calm my mind a bit....am I being overly concerned about this? Was the "oh there's nothing to be done" comment appropriate? or am I right in thinking if this is what I've got then I've got to take some actions....appointments, looking into meds, etc??
If I could just get clear on that, I might feel slightly better that at least I'm investigating it......
Last edited by lolo3132; 03-25-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Reason: additional info