It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

girliegirl5 HB User
Advice for next doctor visit

I have been going to doctors for about 5 yrs. now with same complaints. I have noticed from reading your posts that I have other symptoms that could possibly be related to this also. What does it sound like to you and what do I need to tell my new PCP doctor. I have pictures and old test results but my lates test results came back normal while I still have knee pain. My Complaints are: constant knee pain (behind my knees), mouth ulcers (more like sores)that last for more than 3 wks. everytime and are often. UTI's 2 times a month, pictures of rashes, when in the sun I get sun poinsoning on my lips that WILL NOT go away for at least a month everytime. My test results a couple years ago was ANA 1:320 H speckle pattern, several times then 1:160 ANA, then normal range. But I still have the other symptoms often. My doctor quit without notice and now I am going to another PCP and taking my records and pictures with me. I have to start over now! I have only gotten a diagnosis that I have Inflammatory Tissue Disease and maybe Connective Tissue Disease. One doc said I probably have Psoriaitic Athritis becuase thick sores in my head brought on after stress.
I just need some direction. I feel like Im a big whimp or something! But I know how bad I hurt in my knees and If I could relay my message better I feel that some doctor out there could diagnosis me with something for sure.
Just put me on a path please! Im thankful for all of your messages its the only support I have right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
(female)

home sweet home HB User
Re: Advice for next doctor visit

Hi Girliegirls, Yes you do indeed need a new pcp but I would go see a rheumatalogist. He could take care of the diagnoses you already have also. Mine takes care of my lupus,OA,RA, FMS,RLS, etc. You uses the word doctors but it sounded like it was PCP only. Sorry you are having all these problems, it can take awhile to get it all figured out. So be patient and try not to stress, yes I know easier said then done. Keep us posted. And Im sure there will be more to join in that can be more benafical. Alot of good people that know what they are talking about. But remember we are patients not doctors. And what works for one may not work for others. GOOD LUCK home sweet home

Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Advice for next doctor visit

Girliegirl5, hi. Sorry you've been having such problems! And NO, you're NOT a wimp!

I also vote for a rheumatologist. You could also ask PCP or rheumie to refer you to a dermatologist, to get answers about your scalp lesions. A dermie could do a skin biopsy, to determine if it's psoriasis, discoid lupus lesions, or something else entirely. (Skin can be helpful, by presenting another path of investigation, in addition to bloodworok, urinalysis, lifetime medical history, etc. Plus because skin problems are visible---you can't make them up!)

Have you seen the sticky posts (permanent info posts) at the top of the thread list? There you'll find basic info on lupus, incl. symptoms, tests, and other reading materials. Let us know how you're making out. Sending warm wishes, Vee

Closed Thread