It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

Feraferia HB User
Anti-Chromatin Antibodies & Lupus

Hi All,

I'm a 26 year old female who has been experiencing achy joints and a weak feeling in my legs for the past few weeks. I went to the doctor who ordered bloodwork, which came back normal except for the following:

WBC 11.0 (Normal is 4-10.5)
ANA Direct Positive - There was no number provided, it just said Positive
Anti-Chromatin Antibodies - 1.8

I was negative for the following antibodies: Anti-DNA (DS) Ab Qn, RNP, Smith, Antischleroderma 70, Sjogren's Anti-SS-A, Sjogren's Anti SS-B, Anti-Jo-1 and Anti-Centromere B.

My PCP recommended a see a rheumatologist and I have an appointment but after some research, I've found that anti-chromatin antibodies are becoming known as a good diagnostic tool for SLE as they don't show up in healthy people or in other diseases. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, does anyone know if these antibodies show up often as a false positive?

I know people who do not have SLE can have a positive ANA but I'm not finding too much info about anti-chromatin antibodies. At this point, I'm wondering if I do have SLE, if it could be something else or if it could be a false positive. If someone has any guidance I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

C

Old 09-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
(female)

Feraferia HB User
Re: Anti-Chromatin Antibodies & Lupus

I saw a rheumatologist today who said that anti-chromatin is specific to sle but its possible I had a false positive on my lab work. He also said that he can't officially diagnose lupus unless I've had the symptoms for at least six weeks. He's sending me for follow up blood work in four weeks with titers to figure out exactly where my levels are.

I'm exhausted and achy and nervous. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

C

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #3
(female)

deb31074 HB User
Re: Anti-Chromatin Antibodies & Lupus

I had a positive ANA test with 1:640 tieter speckled and low WBC count and numerous other bad results from my blood work. I had this done because I got Raynauds really bad out of the blue and then started getting achy joints. Sent me to Rheumatologist and he did more blood work and my Chromatin Antibodies Test Result were:

Normal Range 0.0-0.9 AI
ChromAb (ChromAb)

ChromInt (ChromInt)
POS
I am going to see a liver doctor next week because those results were also really bad and my kidneys are aching all the time too. Doctor did not diagnose me for sure iwth SLE but it is looking like that is the culprit. I will just keep going to the doctors and hopefully get answers soon.

Reply Reply