It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

kathyd HB User
Doctor in St. Louis

Does anyone know of a good lupus/fibromyalgia doctor in the St. Louis, MO area?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Doctor in St. Louis

kathyd, I see Dr. Francisco Garriga at DePaul medical center. He is conservative though, but he is very smart. I have also heard great things about a Dr. Terry Moore from the asst. where I get my glasses. One doctor I would stay away from is a lady doc named Hunt....can't remember her first name.....she is at St. Lukes. I tried her, she was not good. As soon as she heard the word fibromyalgia, all she wanted to do is prescribe anti depressants an did not address any other issues. Oh and I just remembered a doctor Baldassari (I think it is two ss's) that a lady I exercised with liked very much.

I know you are probably thinking I only talk about doctors, but sometimes the subject just comes up. Hope this helps.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
kathyd (11-21-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

kathyd HB User

Thank you very much for all your good information. I did go to Dr. Baldassare in the past and he was very nice, although he did want to concentrate on using amitryptiline which didn't help me so much. He recently passed away and I was looking for another doctor. I will try Dr. Garriga as I have also heard good things about him. Thank you for responding, I appreciate it.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

No problem, that is what we are here for, to help each other. Give Dr. Garriga a try, he moved I think a year ago to the DePaul complex. He was with them at their north county office before. I am in the west county area and I drove all the way north off Howdershell and Shackleford to see him. I am so glad he is in Bridgeton now he is much closer.

Glojer

Closed Thread