It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

HayleyLynn HB User
Had fillings put in now bite feels weird

I had 5 fillings put in a month ago. 4 on the upper left and 1 on the upper right and I still cant get used to it. I went to my dentist and told her and she filed down the fillings on the left because they were hitting but after she finished doing that it felt like it created some sort of hole in my premolar like my tooth wasn't touching like it was on the right side. So I ended up going back to my dentist this morning for what seems like the
100th time. She checked my bite all over my mouth and told me that 2 of my teeth on the bottom were hitting harder than the rest and asked me if I wanted her to file them down. I told her no because I have heard horror stories of dentist filing down your natural teeth and making things worse and since I didn't feel like those teeth were the problem I didn't have her do it and she agreed. I also brought in my night guard and she adjusted it a little for me. It feels better when I bite down on it but when i take it out I still feel like my bite feels worse. I am still feeling like one tooth on the left side isn't touching at all
when i close my mouth but the all my teeth on the right side are hitting. I am
wondering if the reason why is when I close my mouth and run my tongue along the inside of my teeth the tooth doesn't meet each other on the inside because the tooth below it is turned it. But on the right side all the teeth touch. Its weird to me because why would after getting fillings would I now be aware of it and feel like I notice it every time I clench my teeth. The tooth has always been turned in but I just never noticed it. I'm wondering if maybe she filed down that tooth filling too much?? I hate being this aware of my mouth. I don't know how people who actually have a missing tooth get used to it?? My mom said she had a missing tooth on her back right side for 2 years before she had a bridge put in and she told me she just got used to not having a tooth there.. I hope one day I can wake up and forget about my teeth.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread