It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

Lillee5 HB User
Question C4 Complement Low

I had some blood test done 2 weeks ago and I got a few back
MY C4 - was low at 12
but my C3 was normal at a 118

I also has a high CRP well not super high but 1.13 this is only the second time it has been high the other time being 29

I was just wondering if anyone who has been diagnosed with Lupus had a low C4 but not C3 I was just wondering as from everythign I've read says they are usually both low.
Thanks

Old 04-27-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
(female)

Bryansmom HB User
Re: C4 Complement Low

My C4 was low when I was first diagnosed, and my CRP was just slightly elevated way back when I was dx'd. My C3 has never been abnormal. I have a dx of SLE and Sjogren's.

Smile...it makes people wonder what you're up to!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

Lillee5 HB User

Well that is good to know thanks for the info. Right now I have a diagnosis of undifferentiated connective tissue disease. I have symptoms of Lupus, Scleroderma, and Sjorgens. What sort of worried me is a saw that the higher ratio between the C3 & C4 seems to point towards SLE with the nephritis I don't know much about lupus that combined with scleroderma and sjorgens slightly overwhelming and not seeing the doctor again until June 1st on the letter it said my labs were acceptable and we would discuss the results at that appointment. usually if it's nothing they say good not acceptable. How long have you been diagnosed for. I am 25 yrs old and have been chronically sick with fevers and stuff for over a year and had other problem throughout my whole life.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #4
(female)

wildflower84 HB User

I am 26 and my C4 and Ch50 are low and a bunck of other tests are off as well. Also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. My mother has SLE + others and am 90% sure I have the same. Hang in there and know you arent the only youngster dealing with this. Take care

The Following User Says Thank You to wildflower84 For This Useful Post:
Lillee5 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
(female)

Lillee5 HB User

I haven't run into too many people that are near my age I read in some article in the US Lupus it typically diagnosed in women during the 20-30s. I was diagnosed as Adult-Onset Still's Disease (forma JRA) but weird thing was I had no actual damage to the joints that have been inflammed and hurting me for years. So that seems very characteristic of Lupus. I also have many symptom of Scleroderma and Sjorgens. If I do have Sjogens I need to find away to keep my mouth moist and soon. I'm afraid my teeth are gonna fall out of my head my mouth is so dry and keep getting sore throats I actually loss my voice this weekend. The doctor told me drink more water! But If I drink to much I get nauseous. So I bought some powerade and stuff see if that helps. I don't know sorry you are dealing with this too.

Closed Thread