It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #1
(male)

EOliva HB User
Just got test results

I have been experiencing joint and back pain for the last several years. I also from time to time have had mouth ulcers pop up which until recently researching I never though they meant anything. My doctor did blood work on me and its came back ANA positive 1:160 Homogeneous pattern. It also came back with a SS-A/Ro of 142 which as I understand is HI. I have not heard back from my doc yet, with these results is it likely I have Lupus?

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Just got test results

Hi, EOliva. I believe anti-Ro is seen in lupus, in Sjogren's syndrome, and serum C2d* deficiency (* one component of immune response); so your dr. presumably will evaluate you for all three. You can find the criteria used for lupus in the sticky posts (permanent info posts) at the top of the thread list. For Sjogren's, I think the most definitive test is a lip biopsy. I don't know how that serum complement deficiency is diagnosed, though---maybe bloodwork?

I had elevated anti-Ro & a raft of chronic problems, and was diagnosed with subacute systemic lupus ("subacute" meaning no major organ involvement). Plaquenil & strict sun avoidance have helped a lot, so here's hoping you likewise get answers & improvement soon! Let us know what happens next, OK? Sending you warm wishes, sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread