It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
swollen left side of body

This past tues, woke up to a really swollen ankle. Well, I placed it on a pillow all day and nothing. The next morning, my ankle, wrist and fingers, on left side were really swollen. My primary dr is out of town on vacation. Now my right ankle is starting to swell and hurt. Has anyone ever had this happen to them. Swelling on just one side at first, and now right side is. Im taking all my meds like im supposed to. It has been really, really hot here in nc, maybe thats got something to do with it. I haven't done anything different in my routine. I was just hoping someone might know something about this. The only time i have ever been like this was when I was 8mos pregnant, for sure not pregnant. thanks for all your help and support. may GOD bless you all, and have a good nite.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Re: swollen left side of body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes1mom View Post
This past tues, woke up to a really swollen ankle. Well, I placed it on a pillow all day and nothing. The next morning, my ankle, wrist and fingers, on left side were really swollen. My primary dr is out of town on vacation. Now my right ankle is starting to swell and hurt. Has anyone ever had this happen to them. Swelling on just one side at first, and now right side is. Im taking all my meds like im supposed to. It has been really, really hot here in nc, maybe thats got something to do with it. I haven't done anything different in my routine. I was just hoping someone might know something about this. The only time i have ever been like this was when I was 8mos pregnant, for sure not pregnant. thanks for all your help and support. may GOD bless you all, and have a good nite.
Hello Jakes1mom, Do all the swollen joints hurt? Warm they warm to the touch? If you can't see your primary doc you probably should go to a walk in clinic while you are having these symptoms. Sounds like possibly Lyme, rheumatoid arthritis or other autoimmune disorder. It is best to go now before it gets worse and while you are symptomatic. If this is something that goes away but later comes back it is important to be seen now rather than wait. Take care and let us know what you find out. Hugs, lobolee

The Following User Says Thank You to lobolee For This Useful Post:
jakes1mom (07-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

jakes1mom HB Userjakes1mom HB User
Re: swollen left side of body

Thank you for your concern. I do have Lupus, and yes it is warm to touch also is sore too. I am going to the dr, not my usual. I am really worried because i really thought if i stayed off my feet, the swelling would exleast go down in my left foot. I've used ice also.My joints are sore also, and Im guessing that is what is actually swollen. My left hand and fingers are swollen also, but not like my foot. It's bad. I know the dr is gonna ask me why didn't I come in sooner. I was really hoping that I could get it under control myself, you know. It seems like im going to a dr every other week or so now. The great news out of all of this is that i have the very best caretaker in the world, my fiancee. I am really blessed to have him in my life. And, I am also thankful for such kind people like yourself who are concered about my well being. Thank you. This is off the beaten path, but im gonna say it anyways. My sister, who lives about 7 miles from my house, has yet to come by or call me to ask how i am doing. Now, I used to call her, until I realized I was always the one reaching out. i stopped calling and visiting her. So, it does mean alot to me for a total stranger to care enough to send some advice my way. Thanks again, and may GOD bless you.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
(female)

lobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB Userlobolee HB User
Exclamation Re: swollen left side of body

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakes1mom View Post
Thank you for your concern. I do have Lupus, and yes it is warm to touch also is sore too. I am going to the dr, not my usual. I am really worried because i really thought if i stayed off my feet, the swelling would exleast go down in my left foot. I've used ice also.My joints are sore also, and Im guessing that is what is actually swollen. My left hand and fingers are swollen also, but not like my foot. It's bad. I know the dr is gonna ask me why didn't I come in sooner. I was really hoping that I could get it under control myself, you know. It seems like im going to a dr every other week or so now. The great news out of all of this is that i have the very best caretaker in the world, my fiancee. I am really blessed to have him in my life. And, I am also thankful for such kind people like yourself who are concered about my well being. Thank you. This is off the beaten path, but im gonna say it anyways. My sister, who lives about 7 miles from my house, has yet to come by or call me to ask how i am doing. Now, I used to call her, until I realized I was always the one reaching out. i stopped calling and visiting her. So, it does mean alot to me for a total stranger to care enough to send some advice my way. Thanks again, and may GOD bless you.
Jakes1mom, I can relate to so much of what you just said. Yes I too go through going to the doctor weekly or nearly so. Seems that is the only outings I have Oh well... I do enjoy seeing how things have changed since the last trip to a doctor. As to your sister...I don't know what that is all about. Maybe she is afraid or does not want to feel responsible. It would be nice if she just showed she cared. I had two brothers and two sisters all living in the area where I lived. Same phenomena happened to me. They all just retreated. It was especially hard when the one I was always close to just avoided any contact with me, unless she needed something! I did not ask anything of them and would not but it would have been so nice if they acted as if they cared. I can not imagine doing the same to them. I feel that we have to support each other because others just do not understand. SO GLAD you have a loving, supporting fiance (sp?). I too have a wonderful husband who goes above and beyond for me Anyway the swelling you describe may indicate a flare. Perhaps your doctor will want to put you on a short term round of corticosteroids. It worked for me the last flare I had. It was just one week of fairly high dose corticosteroids (sp?). I hope you are having a better day and your doctor can your symptoms under control and you are feeling better soon. Hugs, lee

Closed Thread