It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

starlet0214 HB User
Unhappy How to deal

[FONT="Georgia"] i still wonder how do i deal with discoid lupus it kinda put me in a place where i actually dont know what to do... like im forced into a corner of depression does any one have any advice?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: How to deal

Starlet, hi & welcome. Is your skin disease under good control? I found NOT getting new lesions cheered me up some. I found hats that I like wearing & jazzed up with funky earrings. I experimented with sunblocks to see which worked best with my makeup. And I remind myself that, as I age, I don't want to look sun-damaged. (My friends now regret how much they've damaged their skin!)

I miss outdoor activities & can feel down, esp. during summer. I still spend time outdoors, but early & late, before & after "high sun". I took up yoga/Pilates, because I can do it anytime at home, plus it's soothing. I also read quite a bit about lupus---helps you put things into perspective.

Are there support groups in your area? Definitely worth trying! And have you spoken with your doctor about feeling depressed? I think you should. Also, verify your blood levels are good, for example, that you're not iron-deficient, Vitamin D deficient, etc. (Depression can occur with certain deficiencies.)

Anyway, I'm glad you found us here---there's always someone around you can talk with. I hope others chip in soon with more ideas. Bye for now, with my best wishes, sincerely, Vee

P.S. I forgot to ask if you're more tired than usual. If YES, did your dr. run comprehensive tests? People with one autoimmune are more likely to have multiples, say, thyroid deficiency, as one example. Also, some people with lupus "discoid" lesions do progress to more widespread systemic disease. Hang in there!

Last edited by VeeJ; 10-25-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: added PS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread