It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
(male)

scottz2011 HB User
[Lupus I think... ]

I am 18 year's old at about 15 years of age i noticed a redish rash however not in a circle/butterfly form or any of the sort it was near my ankle but i never payed attention to it not until recently when i moved from Florida to Indiana, about a year after my skin started drying/falling apart now fast forward about 1-2 months after this my skin has seperated in differnt areas on both feet?
i will attach a image or two now. to show what i am saying note these will be taken as i am posting this, it is currently 1:05AM. Also note i have been depressed most of my life due to trauma amongst other thing's i need opinions, i am very scared

http://i41.tinypic.com/293g4z9.png
http://i43.tinypic.com/245eekx.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/53wrav.png

Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User
Re: [Lupus I think....]

Can't tell much from the pictures, but young men often get fungal infections on their feet (athlete's foot). I would try an anti fungal. Look in the foot care isle at the pharmacy. I would also show it to someone, like a parent. Not knowing can make you worry needlessly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #3
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreegirl View Post
Can't tell much from the pictures, but young men often get fungal infections on their feet (athlete's foot). I would try an anti fungal. Look in the foot care isle at the pharmacy. I would also show it to someone, like a parent. Not knowing can make you worry needlessly.
Mother has seen it, also it is causing my toes, feet in general to split and will not heal, she beleives it is Lupus. she has it, so does my grandmother however... ive always had very bad luck when it comes to thing's like This.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

palmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB Userpalmtreegirl HB User

Is your mom willing to take you to her doctor? I would hope she would want you to get treated. I hope things work out for you.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

Quote:
Is your mom willing to take you to her doctor? I would hope she would want you to get treated. I hope things work out for you.
She hasn't mentioned a doctor, we moved last year and have not seen one here i am unsure what she think's but i do know she beleives it to be Lupus, but i sorta want other Opinions. I wonder where the rest of the people are almost 300 views, no more Replies. Sorta Troublesome

Old 01-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. The classic "butterfly" rash in lupus is always on the face, by definition, and I think other lupus rashes (discoid, tumid, SCLE, etc.) mostly (but not always) favor the upper body. Is there some reason your mother believes this could be lupus-related?

Your ankle/foot problem obviously is something, but I'm afraid only a dermatologist can say what---and we're just patients here---so I hope you see one soon. I hope you post more when you can. Meanwhile, sending best wishes to you, Vee

Old 01-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

The style of the way my skin crack's and also because she has it, grandmother has it seemingly i do not know what to beleive, but i don't like doctors :/

Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi, again. Lupus isn't hereditary. That said, there is a tendency for autoimmunes to be more common in first-degreee relatives---but that's in no way a "guarantee" that you'll get one. When autoimmines DO cluster in families, there can be VARIETY. For example, my mother probably had antiphospholipid syndrome, my sister has Hashimoto's thyroiditis, I have lupus, and a cousin has ulcerative colitis and I also have 11 cousins who are healthy!

I've seen badly cracked foot skin & dryness with fungal infection in diabetes, also in staph infection that can spread in hospitals, locker rooms, dorms, gyms, etc. Cracked skin really doesn't conjure up a lupus rash to me (but, again, I'm only just a dumb patient).

I'm not crazy about doctors, either, but I do go, and you should, too. You're way too young to let your health slide. Promise us that you'll at least consider going, OK? Hoping to hear you say YES, I'LL THINK ON THAT, bye, Vee

Old 01-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
(female)

Re: [Lupus I think... ]

Scott
I think a podiatrist would be a good choice, too. My son had the same thing a while back. We went to visit him when he was away at school, and he told me he was very worried about his feet and needed me to look at them. As a nurse, I immediately recognized it as athlete's foot. Fungal infections grow in dark, moist places - feet, groin, etc. I had him use an anti fungal cream. Then I suggested drying his feet well after a shower, wearing clean dry socks, and also shoes that are dry inside. If your shoes get damp, you might want to change them. Also, try Gold Bond powder to keep your feet dry. Best of luck!

Last edited by palmtreegirl; 01-11-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

Mentioned Fungal cream to mom, also brought up vitamins.. as i heal slowly now as to before this i healed overly fast think it might help, also by chance do you both agree that it is probably just a fungal Infection?

Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
(female)

It sure sounds like it to me. If it is, it will respond pretty quickly to the anti fungal cream. A good multi vitamin can't hurt, either. Vitamin C and Zinc are good for wound healing. Please don't worry about your health at your age. Stay active, eat well and get a physical once in a while to stay ahead of problems. Best of luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to palmtreegirl For This Useful Post:
scottz2011 (01-12-2012)
Old 01-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

Quote:
It sure sounds like it to me. If it is, it will respond pretty quickly to the anti fungal cream. A good multi vitamin can't hurt, either. Vitamin C and Zinc are good for wound healing. Please don't worry about your health at your age. Stay active, eat well and get a physical once in a while to stay ahead of problems. Best of luck to you!
Thank you i appreciate it, yes i have now started applying Tinactin hopefully it does go away (i hope), best of luck to you all Also.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

Hi. None of us can know what it is, because we're not doctors & aren't seeing it! But if it doesn't respond to anti-fungal/anti-bacterial creams, please see a doctor. Here's an example why---

I'm watching a close friend go thru SIX WEEKS of IV antibiotic therapy to clear up a staph infection that started in his skin and then went bloodborne. He maybe picked it up in his gym, but he'll never know for sure. It went bloodborne, causing massive fatigue, fever & delirium. Had it not been cultured, diagnosed and treated, it could have killed him. He was lucky that it wasn't the MRSA kind (the antibiotic-resistant type).

Of course that's a worst-case scenario, but it illustrates why you can't leave ANY open wound exposed (you should always have on shoes or flip-flops until it clears), and why you cannot leave it undiagnosed/untreated. Vee

The following user gives a hug of support to VeeJ:
GummyLover (01-15-2012)
Old 01-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
(male)

scottz2011 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeJ View Post
Hi. None of us can know what it is, because we're not doctors & aren't seeing it! But if it doesn't respond to anti-fungal/anti-bacterial creams, please see a doctor. Here's an example why---

I'm watching a close friend go thru SIX WEEKS of IV antibiotic therapy to clear up a staph infection that started in his skin and then went bloodborne. He maybe picked it up in his gym, but he'll never know for sure. It went bloodborne, causing massive fatigue, fever & delirium. Had it not been cultured, diagnosed and treated, it could have killed him. He was lucky that it wasn't the MRSA kind (the antibiotic-resistant type).

Of course that's a worst-case scenario, but it illustrates why you can't leave ANY open wound exposed (you should always have on shoes or flip-flops until it clears), and why you cannot leave it undiagnosed/untreated. Vee
Alright, thank you i appreciate It.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
(female)

GummyLover HB User
Exclamation Re: [Lupus I think... ]

First, I am now 62 years old, and have had Lupus since I was 11 years old.
If your Mom won't take you to a Doctor, or you don't have the money to go to one , get to a Free Clinic fast, and see a Rheumatologist. There are fool-proof tests that can find out for sure. No reason to be depressed....You CAN live with Lupus, but you have to know IF you have it first, and stop guessing!! You can't live with it if you don't know you have it. It is not a disease that you want to mess around with...too many complications..not meaning to bring you down or make you more depressed, but depression can have a direct effect on Lupus, again, IF that is what you have. Get thee to a Doctor now. Tell him your symptoms. Have him check you out, and go on and live the long life you CAN live with Lupus under a Doctor's supervision. This is not a DEATH sentence....OKAY??? I have been there, for a long time, and I KNOW....I have had every symptom that goes with this disease and then some.....You are about my son's age, and I hate to see you waste your time on blogs, when you should be asking someone (Doctor?) who can help you. Good Luck to you and let me know how it goes....Bet you feel better once you find out for sure. You can't just WISH it away...

Closed Thread

Tags
depression, lupus, sle