It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

shewolf75 HB Usershewolf75 HB User
Angry Probable lupus rash

I have a rash that is a mixture of red splotchy looking things, along with a few red pimple-looking ones. They itch about twice a day. My rheumy gave me cream to apply twice daily which, it says on the tube, they don't understand why it works. My rheum said if it doesn't work in 10 days, I'll need to go to a dermatologist. But it is working, albeit slowly. A lot of the red blotches are fading and getting smaller. There are only a few small spots on my face near the hairline, and they seem to be fading, too. The one good thing about it is that I went online to the Lupus ***'n, and they linked me to two places where makeup to hide scars and blemishes are located, and my rheum said they're okay to use. I doubt if the sun caused it, as I'm pretty careful when I go out, and it's likely I won't know the cause, but anyhow, it's good to know there's effective (in my case, anyhow) meds available, and if I have to go to a derm, so be it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread