It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

jcbgs HB User
tremors

i have been diagnoses with sle lupus. I'm in the middle of a flare up and experiencing may symptoms. iwas wonder if tremors r part of lupus. lately my legs and sometimes will jerk for no reason.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
(female)

ChrissyBOK HB User
Re: temors

In the early days before my Lupus diagnosis, I would suffer an internal shivering not unlike when one is cold, but I wasn't cold...never was explained. I would speak to your Dr about this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChrissyBOK For This Useful Post:
jcbgs (04-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

rosi768 HB User

Hello, I have had those for years, the doctor perscribes Baclofen and it helps keep them down. Might be worth a try to ask your Doc. Good luck

Old 05-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

pixie1985 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbgs View Post
i have been diagnoses with sle lupus. I'm in the middle of a flare up and experiencing may symptoms. iwas wonder if tremors r part of lupus. lately my legs and sometimes will jerk for no reason.
I experience the same jerking. I have noticed that it is always later in the day when I sit down or lay down. I just thought this was from tired muscles. It is most always in the legs but occasionally in the arms. I have a Rheumy appt in 2 weeks. I will ask her about this and let you know what she tells me. This is a new thing for me, but like you I have been in a huge flare. Hugs to you!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Hi. There's also a thing called restess leg syndrome. I think anyone is eligible, meaning not just people with lupus. My legs sometimes jerk, just as I'm falling asleep. Best wishes, Vee

Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
(female)

*erica* HB User
Re: tremors

I get this all the time too! It can be very frustrating and down right embarrassing lol. I have CNS involvement in my lupus and the doctors called the jerking movements chorea which they said were from the degeneration of my nervous system. I have to take valium before going to bed so I don't slap myself awake lol. Whenever I was first going through this, my neurologist said if it was only happening at night that it would most likely be a parasomnia sleeping disorder. I hope this helps some of you and you get to feeling better soon. Best of luck to you.
-Erica

The Following User Says Thank You to *erica* For This Useful Post:
pixie1985 (05-06-2012)
Reply Reply