It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

srigo19 HB User
Need help -- Pain in right side

I have been diagnosed with Lupus since last September and am still trying to figure all of this out. I don't feel as though my Rhumy is very compassionate, as when I call to ask a question, the response is usually, "yes, that is because of Lupus" or "no, that's not due to the Lupus", and that's about it.

Yesterday at work I started having a sharp pain in my upper right abdomen and chest (felt like sever gas pains) and I popped a couple of gas x tablets. After 3 hours, the pain was still there, so I went home to lay down. In about 30 minutes the pains were not sharp; however, the pain radiated up into my neck, shoulder blade and arm (right side). Taking a deep breath was very painful and I could not even lay on my left side. I thought I was having a heart attack. This morning, my right side is a little tender, but no pain.

My question is ... does this sound like something that might be due to Lupus? Any and all comments are really welcome.

Susan

Old 04-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

msnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB Usermsnova74 HB User
Re: Need help -- Pain in right side

Actually I think you more likely were right with your first guess. Those kinds of pains are typical of a heart attack.

I have MCTD, and have for over a decade. I am not particularly prone to running to the doctor. However, I have found that if I am thinking about going then it is most likely what I should do.

T

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

Mothert85 HB User

Look up pleurisy, that is what I get often with flares. Not being able to lay on a certain side and pain on deep breathing are main symptoms. One doc gave me a corticosteroid inhaler used for asthma Symbicort that worked but is expensive and not one of my most trusted medications. Years later a doc gave me an ibuprofen shot and bam it was gone. Now when I feel it coming on the doctor says it's fine to take a couple 800mg ibuprofen doses spread out over a day and that does the trick by stopping the inflammation causing the pleural layers to rub.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
(female)

srigo19 HB User

Thank you for respondidng. I am going to see a new Rhuematologist; as the only response I got from my current doc was "Don't know, ask your GP" ... needless to say I wasn't thrilled about that response.

I need to learn more about WHAT is a flare for me; and what is not related to lupus. Hanging in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothert85 View Post
Look up pleurisy, that is what I get often with flares. Not being able to lay on a certain side and pain on deep breathing are main symptoms. One doc gave me a corticosteroid inhaler used for asthma Symbicort that worked but is expensive and not one of my most trusted medications. Years later a doc gave me an ibuprofen shot and bam it was gone. Now when I feel it coming on the doctor says it's fine to take a couple 800mg ibuprofen doses spread out over a day and that does the trick by stopping the inflammation causing the pleural layers to rub.

Reply Reply