It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
(male)

MMsbrat HB User
spontaneous pneumothorax

I wound up with spontaneous pneumothorax several years ago. I had it twice. The first time, I thought it was just some kind of muscle spasm, and just laid down. Obviously I didn't understand the severity of the situation. Two days later it hit again, with a vengeance. I was hospitalized for 6 days after x rays, and 6 shots of demerol. They put me into intensive cardiac care unit of St. Francis Hospital, Evanston Illinois after inserting a thoracic catheter. I couldn't believe how much that hurt.

I had no idea back then that I might have lupus. Now, all signs are pointing that way. My gp thinks I have Buerger's Disease right off, on my first visit. This, from what I've found out is another common misdiagnosis where SLE is concerned. My next visit is in 4 weeks. I'm taking the results from my Lupus Foundation questionaire with to show him. I got 10 out of 15 questions answered yes. Some few others I don't know the answer to, and one question relates to femalse only, so my score could be higher.

So, to answer a thread I saw somewhere on this site from someone named Jill, yes. I have lupus and suffered from spontaneous pneumothorax. I'm unmedicated as of yet, so, no plaquinel yet for me.

Brat

Reply Reply

Tags
lupus, sle, spontaneous pneumothorax