It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

ashly744 HB User
What could it be?

I believed I posted on here years ago...and I never gave an update. Its been tough but I'm still searching for an answer as to what's going on with me. Brief background..as brief as I can possibly be..

Random virus when I was a little kid. Doctors thought it was spinal meningitis but the results came back unknown.
Been fatigued since high school, along with easy bruising. Anemia testing came back normal.
1 miscarriage
2nd pregnancy I lost 4 units of blood during my c-section and had to have a blood transfusion. Spiked a fever afterwards and had to stay in the hospital for a week.
Headaches increased, and I began having rib pain.
Fatigued continued, leg cramps, aches and pains etc.
3rd pregnancy I delivered naturally and had no complications.
Esptien Bar Virus ( showed up on blood test over 2 years ago)

After my 3rd pregnancy in 2008 my symptoms began to increase. I began the search in 2009 and am still looking for answers for what could be wrong. I was diagnosed with raynaud's, and fibromyalgia. My first rhuem. diagnosed me with fibro before running any test and determined that within a few minutes of seeing her. She pretty much brushed off my list of symptoms. My first set our tests with her came back normal. My 2nd set of test she re-tested my CRP and SED rate which came back elevated. I finally decided to switch doctors because I felt like she wasn't giving me the proper attention. She would spend a matter of minutes with me before sending me on the way. My 2nd rheum. (and current) confirmed my raynaud's and fibro, though she said she's uncertain of the fibro because I don't fit the whole criteria so she's been trying me on different medication to see if it helps (which it hasn't). She hasn't done any blood tests yet. My list of symptoms that have been with me for years are:

Fatigue, joint pain (neck, fingers, wrists, shoulders, knees, ankles, etc). muscle aches, extreme leg cramps, chest pains (on and off), dizziness, shortness of breath (on and off and happens randomly), easy bruising, ear pain, eye pain, canker sores (more frequent), stomach aches (mainly lower right, and upper right), nauesa, raynaud's, low potassium, low magnesium, rash over nose and cheeks that comes when I'm stressed or in the sun for too long, random red spots on my skin (come and go and more recent) random blotchy looking rashes (come on fast and don't last long), low grade fevers (off and on and more recent), fingers swell, and my finger actually got stuck once. Twitching eyebrow (recent and lasted for about 3 weeks), elevated crp & sed rate, headaches (daily and can last for weeks), forgetfulness, had my gallbladder removed, and was told I have a right bundle branch block but carido doctor isn't concerned about it.

That's pretty much my symptoms in a nutshell, new and on going. I've been feeling pretty bad the past couple weeks. My joints are acting up a lot, and my arms ache, my neck won't stop hurting, my ankle and knee are acting up, and I'm so incredibly fatigued. I wonder if I will ever know what its like to not feel tired again.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? I'm not looking to be diagnosed (only by my doctor) its just draining not knowing what's wrong with me. I'm hoping my rhuem. figures out the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
(female)

marti71 HB User
Re: What could it be?

Have you been tested for Lupus? My mom had this and it sure does sound familier. If you haven't you should insist on it.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

ashly744 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti71 View Post
Have you been tested for Lupus? My mom had this and it sure does sound familier. If you haven't you should insist on it.
No I haven't, but I just received a letter in the mail and it shows a whole lists of blood tests that my rhuem. wants me to get and the lupus panel is included.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #4
(female)

marti71 HB User

Please let me know how it comes out. I have been tested but since I have no symptons YET, it is inconclusive. I do however have an unknown autoimmune disease which still could be Lupas.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

ashly744 HB User

Quote:
Please let me know how it comes out. I have been tested but since I have no symptons YET, it is inconclusive. I do however have an unknown autoimmune disease which still could be Lupas.
I will. I will most likely be going in for my blood work on Monday.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
(female)

marti71 HB User

Thanks. Real interested how it turns out. Good luck..

Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
(female)

ashly744 HB User

Quote:
Thanks. Real interested how it turns out. Good luck..
Hey Marti. Got my results and she said everything appeared normal. The only thing out of range was my A/G ratio. I hit another dead end, and back to feeling lost and uncertain on what's going on with my body. Thanks.

Reply Reply