It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

LupusSenior HB User
Unhappy SLE and Hypothyroidism

I was diagnosed with thyroid disease in 2007. I've been on Synthroid for 5 years, and on the same dosage for the last 2. In 4 weeks, my TSH doubled. I have SLE, with very low white blood counts and very low platelet counts. I was alternating 100 mcgs and 112 mcgs of Synthroid and they were working fine. After studying my labs, my doctor told me to stop the 100s and just take the 112s, and have labs in 4 weeks. He didn't want to increase the dosage just yet-he just took away the 100s which is a very minor change I'm experiencing stomach bloating too which alerted me to the fact that something was not right. The fatigue got worse..the stomach bloating - and suddenly gaining about 3 pounds without changing anything. If anyone has had this experience - please respond. Thanks!

Old 08-18-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

smed71 HB User
Re: SLE and Hypothyroidism

Hi there, I was first diagnosed with hashimotos in 2005 and then SLE in 2008, I also had a low white blood cell count around the time of my first Lupus flare. My synthroid dosage has always fluctuated from the start at least every few months, taking anywhere from .05 up to .1 and yoyoing back and forth over the years. I seem to be stable at .1 now with my rheumy saying its related to what my brain is telling my thyroid what to do or not to do, not my body weight. Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply