It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

tiredandsoremom HB User
Question Questions

Hello,
I first came to these boards in 2008. I had been feeling pretty miserable for a few years. I had gone to the doctor and they ran some blood work. I was negative for Lyme, but a positive ANA. It was low, 1:80 speckled. The doctor was not concerned, they diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I wasn't really satisfied with that. To me, it just seemed as if they were just trying to give me some explanation for what I was feeling.

I was determined to feel better. And I have on and off, but lately I am not. It comes and goes. For periods I am fine, and periods I suffer.

So, since 2008 I have lost over 60 pounds. I eat well. I exercise regularly. I take a multi vitamin, B supplement, fish oils, and Green Vibrance's green foods supplement.

I have joint pain, terrible headaches, fatigue, tremors in my head and arms when I wake up, night sweats, moments of confusion, memory problems, mild depression. These are all intermittent. Again, I have periods that I feel wonderful. Then periods like lately that I feel miserable. I also had another positive ANA.

The doctor was testing for Lyme, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. The nurse, over the phone, told me the Lyme was negative. She also said one test was positive, the ANA. She did not give me the titer though.

He sent me for further blood work. I'll have the results at the end of this month. It's such a long time to wait. I've been stressing about it. I know regardless knowing now or later isn't going to make much of a difference. But I thought I'd come here and see what people thought or if anyone had any words of encouragement. I know a positive ANA alone is not a cause for alarm, but it is my second and I'm still having similar symptoms after all these years.

Thanks for listening and for your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
(female)

gabrielitto HB User
Re: Questions

Hello tired mom,

I won't go into a long explanation of my illness, but I would like to ask you - have you been to a rheumatologist? You said you have been to a doctor, but is it a rheumatologist? I would like to follow your threads and hope to hear from you soon.
Love, gabrielitto

Last edited by gabrielitto; 07-14-2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: used the wrong name

Old 07-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
(female)

tiredandsoremom HB User

I went to a rheumatologist in '08. They diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. My issues have come and gone since then. This last round has been the worst I've experienced in a long time.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #4
(female)

luvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB Userluvinmusiq HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredandsoremom View Post
Hello,
I first came to these boards in 2008. I had been feeling pretty miserable for a few years. I had gone to the doctor and they ran some blood work. I was negative for Lyme, but a positive ANA. It was low, 1:80 speckled. The doctor was not concerned, they diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. I wasn't really satisfied with that. To me, it just seemed as if they were just trying to give me some explanation for what I was feeling.

I was determined to feel better. And I have on and off, but lately I am not. It comes and goes. For periods I am fine, and periods I suffer.

So, since 2008 I have lost over 60 pounds. I eat well. I exercise regularly. I take a multi vitamin, B supplement, fish oils, and Green Vibrance's green foods supplement.

I have joint pain, terrible headaches, fatigue, tremors in my head and arms when I wake up, night sweats, moments of confusion, memory problems, mild depression. These are all intermittent. Again, I have periods that I feel wonderful. Then periods like lately that I feel miserable. I also had another positive ANA.

The doctor was testing for Lyme, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis. The nurse, over the phone, told me the Lyme was negative. She also said one test was positive, the ANA. She did not give me the titer though.

He sent me for further blood work. I'll have the results at the end of this month. It's such a long time to wait. I've been stressing about it. I know regardless knowing now or later isn't going to make much of a difference. But I thought I'd come here and see what people thought or if anyone had any words of encouragement. I know a positive ANA alone is not a cause for alarm, but it is my second and I'm still having similar symptoms after all these years.

Thanks for listening and for your time.
I am sorry that you are going through this. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 96. I will tell you that they did extensive testing before I was sent to a specialty hospital. With Lupus you have a lot of the same symptoms as many other disease. What lupus does is attacks your body's tissues and organs. I have more problems because of the lupus attacking my organs...pancreas,liver,heart, and kidneys. I am not saying that it doesn't sound like lupus but to me it sounds more like R.A., but there again R.A. is another problem that the Lupus can cause. The best thing you can do is don't stress (cause that will make you feel worst) and just wait to hear what the physician say. I am pretty sure that if it is Lupus or if they think it may be that you will need further testing. Did they test your sed rate? What was the numbers? I am praying for you and I hope that you don't have Lupus. It is a very ugly and cruel disease. I was declared disabled at the age of 24. So I am sure you can imagine what my health has been like for the state and doctors to put me on disability at such a young age. It makes you feel worthless as if this is all....I am going to just get worst. Sorry if I took up too much of your time but I wanted you to know that with the symptoms that you have it could be a number of things. If it does turn out to be lupus luckily it sounds like you have a mild case that maybe could be controlled. You said you have moments where you feel okay. That is good. Maybe it is R.A. but really you just have to wait and see. Remember, don't stress yourself. Relax and this is when you pray. I am not sure if you do or not but it does help if you believe. Muah!!
Pancreatic Stent
Osteoarthritis
Stroke
Leukopenia
Migraines
Power Port implant 2010
Total Right Hip Replacement

The Following User Says Thank You to luvinmusiq For This Useful Post:
tiredandsoremom (07-15-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
(female)

tiredandsoremom HB User

Turns out I have Lyme. At least I finally have a name and can begin to treat this. It has taken forever. Thanks!

Reply Reply