HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Lupus (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lupus/)
-   -   Please Help... I don't know what is going on... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/lupus/911420-please-help-i-dont-know-what-going.html)

claudia0216 07-25-2012 08:35 PM

Please Help... I don't know what is going on...

I don't know exactly what is wrong, I am now getting a little down do to the roller coaster ride I've been thru.
I've had several different issues, first I had Carpal Tunnel for which I got surgery in 2010 on both hands. This really did not make it any better. I've dealt with Migraines and Headaches causes by back/neck for the last 10 years.
I was told by a doctor that many of my pains in back/neck and perhaps my hands are caused due to one leg being shorter than the other.
I went thru bad depression and panic attacs, treated with meds for these.
I then moved to Georgia and started from scratch.
My PCP found in my physical that I had high levels of protein in my urine, high cholesterol and Triglycerides.
Nephologist, confirmed the protein in urine and after biopsy of kidneys I was diagnosed with Proteinuria and P-ANCA.
Not much has been done by this doctor, but I am limited by my medicaid right now as far as options for doctors.
Now I'm being seen by Neurologist and he found after many profound blood tests found that I had deficiency in Vitamin D, and after taking a booster and continued on supplement I have improved in the level of pain in my body and hands.
Just when I was getting excited because I was feeling better, the doctor told that I tested positive for SSA, though negative SSB. He stated my inflamation levels are high, and therefore no need to visit Rheumatologist.
I also was told that I have sleep Apnea and since I get many Ear and throat infections I am also getting referred to ENT Doctor.
Sorry to tell my whole life Med story here, but I know there is a lot to know about this subject and have been reading a lot and I know there is plenty of individuals here that are well informed and can perhaps guide me.
My appt to Rheumatologist is on August 21st.... the wait is killing me.

neveragain444 07-27-2012 10:56 PM

Re: Please Help... I don't know what is going on...

[QUOTE=claudia0216;5027633]I don't know exactly what is wrong, I am now getting a little down do to the roller coaster ride I've been thru.
I've had several different issues, first I had Carpal Tunnel for which I got surgery in 2010 on both hands. This really did not make it any better. I've dealt with Migraines and Headaches causes by back/neck for the last 10 years.
I was told by a doctor that many of my pains in back/neck and perhaps my hands are caused due to one leg being shorter than the other.
I went thru bad depression and panic attacs, treated with meds for these.
I then moved to Georgia and started from scratch.
My PCP found in my physical that I had high levels of protein in my urine, high cholesterol and Triglycerides.
Nephologist, confirmed the protein in urine and after biopsy of kidneys I was diagnosed with Proteinuria and P-ANCA.
Not much has been done by this doctor, but I am limited by my medicaid right now as far as options for doctors.
Now I'm being seen by Neurologist and he found after many profound blood tests found that I had deficiency in Vitamin D, and after taking a booster and continued on supplement I have improved in the level of pain in my body and hands.
Just when I was getting excited because I was feeling better, the doctor told that I tested positive for SSA, though negative SSB. He stated my inflamation levels are high, and therefore no need to visit Rheumatologist.
I also was told that I have sleep Apnea and since I get many Ear and throat infections I am also getting referred to ENT Doctor.
Sorry to tell my whole life Med story here, but I know there is a lot to know about this subject and have been reading a lot and I know there is plenty of individuals here that are well informed and can perhaps guide me.
My appt to Rheumatologist is on August 21st.... the wait is killing me.[/QUOTE]

Have you had an MRI to confirm if the pain in your back and neck is coming from a spinal issue? I have those same pains. I know part of it is myofascial. I get jaw pain and migraines from it. I have something wrong in my neck as well but I can't remember what that is. Only thing that helps is muscle relaxants and anti-inflammatory medication. Physical therapy is great, it can eventually reduce the pain, but you have to be willing to continue that stuff at home. When my muscle flares in my shoulder, I use a cold or heat pack and take my medication.

Get your diet on track so your cholesterol will lower. No greasy or fat foods. My vit D is low too. That makes your bones hurt. Stay on meds for that. And hopefully your wearing a cpap at night. Hope you get your kidney problems straightened up.. Glad your getting in to see a rheumatologist. That's a step in the right direction.