It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
(female)

50andfab HB User
Smile Lupus update

HELLO JUST TO SAY GOODMORNING AND GOD BLESS. I JUST FOUND OUT I HAVE LUPUS. ANY AND ALL HELP I CAN USE TO UNDERSTAND UPS AND DOWNSIDE OF THIS DISEASE CAN BE HELPFUL.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Lupus update

Dear 50andfab, hi and welcome! After finding this board, I found the "sticky posts" (the permanent info posts) a good place to start for basic info. You can find them displayed right above all the user threads; look for the word "sticky" at the start of each thread title.

For more detailed info, I borrowed library books on lupus, b/c I didn't want to purchase before knowing which ones I could understand (kinda-sorta!). In those I found the huge number of possible complications disconcerting, that is, until I realized that most problems hadn't happened to me yet (I went years w/o a diagnosis and had troubles dating back to childhood), PLUS most probably wouldn't ever happen.

I'm sorry for your dx, but am glad ONLY in the sense that you now know what you need to attend to. In this day & age, with modern meds and more info available, most people with lupus fare pretty well. So, how are you doing? Have you started med(s) and established regular checkups? Do you have particular questions? I hope you post again soon. You'll find many nice people here with varied experiences, so there's always someone who can identify with you. Sending warm wishes your way, bye for now, sincerely, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply