It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User
Broken Blood Vessels

Happy Holidays to all my healthboard friends! I have been diagnosed with lupus and I have broken blood vessels on my cheeks and nose. You need to look up close to see them and when I wear makeup, you can't see them at all. Are broken blood vessels part of a lupus rash and does anyone else have these? When I get really hot, they really appear but they lighter up later on. My dermotologist was not helpful but my rheumy did notice them when I pointed them out. I do not have them anywhere else on my body but I did notice they started a few years ago with my other symptoms. Thanks for your replies and input. Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Broken Blood Vessels

NJLinda, I have a ton of damaged tiny blood vessels on my legs, very few on my face. My leg skin damage appeared in the 1990's, which was the only period in my adult life that I got a lot of summer sun (and how I rue that now). I suspect sun was the culprit.

My chronic rashes were SCLE (nonscarring) on upper arms/back, so I never really had FACIAL rashes to "test" whether sun or rashes damage capillaries. So I hope people with facial rash histories chip in. Sending New Year's greetings, hugs, Vee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
(female)

Aahme75 HB User

I was recently diagnosed with lupus and just the other day I noticed broken blood vessels on my nose that weren't there before. They are easily covered with makeup. I have some around my ankles too which I thought were from being overweight. Probably so.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User

Aahme, just want to say hi and welcome. How are you doing since your recent diagnosis?

Re: broken blood vessels, I have a lot around both ankles. My rheumatologist said it's cutaneous vasculitis (which isn't the same as systemic vasculitis, which would be far more worrisome). I don't think the cutaneous form of vasculitis typically poses a problem, other than possibly causing some burning & itchy sensations---UNLESS skin ulcerates, in which case patients should consult their doctors ASAP. (All I've had to do in many years is keep an eye on that skin, and so far, so good.)

Anyway, I hope this finds you doing well. Best wishes to you, Vee

Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

Aahme75 HB User

Thanks, glad to be here. I have been in a flare since October. It's getting better very slowly but days like today are hard. Thankfully I have an awesome doctor and nurse team and good support at home. God is good.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
(female)

NJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB UserNJLinda HB User

Hi Veej and everyone...Just a small update. Pain is at a minimum due to my being on 4 drugs which are working for me...Planqunil, Cymbalta, Prednisone and Imuran. These drugs have helped my pain tremendously! But I also have a mild case of it so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I had my broken blood vessels on my face taken care of because they were so red and my skin is back to normal and the best part, my insurance covered most of it. My joints are still a bit swollen and I feel very foggy and sleepy when I first get up. I feel for those who are really suffering...it's just not fair. I pray and wish that everyone of you can get some relief as I did. It took a year but it was worth it. Feel Good Linda

Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

NJ Linda, I'mglad to read that things are looking up for you. YAY! V.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
(female)

tey23nov HB User

Hello everyone I am a newly diagnosed lupus
Chic, not enjoying the news. I don't have any
Veins that have ruptured or anything but I have
Every other symptom and new meds to fill just need
Someone to talk to!
Thanks

Reply Reply