It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

supergrannie HB User
knuckle bumps

A few months ago, I noticed two pimple like places had come up on my right index finger knuckle. A couple of weeks later, two places appeared on my left pinkie finger knuckle. 2-3 weeks later, one on my right ring knuckle & one below the original 2 on my right index finger. I now count 8 on various knuckles. They continue to swell & move together. None have gone away. Has anyone heard of this?

Old 01-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: knuckle bumps

Hi. Are these knuckle bumps bony, or more cyst-like?

If they're bony, they *might* be one of these: Heberden's nodes occur on knuckles closest to fingertips, and Bouchard's nodes occur on middle knuckles. Both correlate to osteoarthritis & usually don't affect joint function. They tend to run in families. (My mom had them.)

If they're cyst-like: are they a different color than your normal skin? Painful or tender, etc.? (That info may narrow the possibilities.)

But if they're really bothering you, or if you have any other new & odd things going on, in your shoes, I'd consult my doctor. Hope you post again, bye for now, Vee

P.S. I forgot the most important thing! Have you been diagnosed with lupus or some "close cousin", or are currently being evaluated? Are you helthy overall & current on annual tests? i.e., in addition to how your bumps look & feel, overall context counts, too! I'm sorry my earlier comments were half-baked. Take good care.

Last edited by VeeJ; 01-07-2013 at 06:00 AM. Reason: added PS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

wings1216 HB User
Re: knuckle bumps

Hello, yes I am very familiar with the nodules they come and go sometimes more than one on a finger/knuckle. They are not painful for me but bothersome questioned my doctor about it and he said that it's just one of the things that Lupus does (I hear that often).

Reply Reply