It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

trudy45 HB User
I have sle lupus

I have sle lupus every day i'm sick my mouth,gums,teeth hurt very bad somtimes feels like my teeths are goning to fall out went to the dentist every thing checked out fine also went to my pcp and my remo dr they are puzzle.have anyone had this before i feel ill every day on lots of meds sometimes they work lots of times not this illiness is stressful

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: I have sle lupus

Trudy,
Lupus is a very difficult disease to live with and doesn't always respond well to treatments. I know-I have had it 30 years. It may be helpful to know what all you are taking for it. I am in Denver also, and know the climate and extreme weather changes here can wreak havoc with your joints and pain levels, especially in winter. There is an increased incidence of periodontal disease in lupus, so dental hygiene is very important, regular cleaning at dentist's office, etc. You might try rinsing your mouth several times a day after eating with warm salt water (1/2 tsp in 1 cup) and swish vigorously before spitting out. 1/2 strength hydrogen peroxide in warm water is also good for a rinse. The Lupus Colorado foundation has many resources for people with lupus, and there is a good support group here that meets monthly (this weekend). Details are available through the Lupus Colorado organization. Meeting regularly with others can help you learn, keep up your spirits, make new friends and get the support you need from others who know what it is like.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
GSDDogLover (03-12-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply