It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lupus Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Madison104 HB UserMadison104 HB UserMadison104 HB User
Do NOT like my new Lupus Doctor!!!

Well, appointment number 2! I do NOT like my new Lupus doctor. Mine retired after 30 years due to health issues.

My new doc is from India. That would NEVER make one iota of a difference to me except I really cannot understand him and he talks fast. Second, I asked if I could donate blood as years ago I was told no, and wondered if anything has changed as that can really help people. His answer? Why DO you want to do that, get out there and talk to others about Lupus, MIND OVER MATTER!!
I was in tears. He knows nothing about my spine because he did not look over my chart, OR does know that I can barely sit at all, let alone walk for any length of time, and well, he mine as well told me to dig ditches.
Anyone that knows me knows that I DO AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, because I am stubborn and I want to be a fighter! Sure, I get worn down, but my limits are REAL, and they make me sad, but this MIND OVER MATTER? Maybe if we had already established some doctor/patient relationship or maybe if I "felt" he gave a damn but I don't. And at 57 my intuition has never steered me wrong, ya know. That little inner voice that God gave us. What a gift!

(SIGH) Anyway, there is a doctor about 40 minutes from my house that I hear is FANTASTIC for Lupus patients. I will need my coccyx injection to make that trip and I made an appointment for that "meet and greet."

Life can be really hard. I do like living in the solution. Some doctors? WELL they never should be. I wanted to say "IF YOU lived with what I live with, you would NOT be saying "MIND OVER MATTER."

I feel I must add this. My mom was a gem, bless her soul. I lost her 7 years ago. My upbringing is that of gratitude, NOT giving up, STAYING POSITIVE and fighting the good fight. So when I say I cannot do something, I promise from the bottom of my heart it is NEVER from the lack of trying. I like to think I could be an inspiration to others.

Please wish me good luck with the new doctor. I am willing to bet many here, sadly have dealt with the same thing. And if you have anything to add, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much everyone.
I am sending positive thoughts to each and every one of you!!!
Madison

The following user gives a hug of support to Madison104:
JeniB82 (04-24-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

VeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB UserVeeJ HB User
Re: Do NOT like my new Lupus Doctor!!!

Madison, hi. I'm sorry your new rheumatologist spoke to you like that. His comment struck me as a complete non sequitur, meaning totally off-point. I wish I could say I was surprised, but I'm not. The doctors I've seen lately (many, for a problem unrelated to my lupus) have almost all hit me wrong. Blurting something foolish is one thing (everyone does sometimes) but NEGLECTING your real issues (lupus status, coccyx, etc.) is unacceptable.

Gee, all that aside, it was a model appointment, huh?

I'm glad you booked with another rheumatologist & wish you luck. When do you see him or her? Let us know how it goes. Sending best wishes, Vee (P.S. As of this writing, I have 9 doctors on my "disgusted with" list... a personal record. Gaaaaaaa!)

Last edited by VeeJ; 03-04-2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

txplowgirl HB User

I know exactly what you mean. The dr that dx'd me told me to quit whining when I was trying to express my frustrations on the many symptoms I was having.

I went home crying becuase she dosen't seem to understand but I finally got a referral to a rheumatologist here in town insted of having to make an 80 mile round trip just to be more upset than when I was before I went to my appointment. And she is from India also.

My husband refuses to see Indian drs. When he had his heart attack that was who took care of him and he says they would not listen to him about anything he would tell them. Acted like they had a superior, holier than thou, obnoxious, attitude.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
(female)

inap HB User

Hi, I hope you next appointment goes better, please keep us posted. My first Lupus doctor that diagnosed me told my " sorry you have Lupus and your going to die in 5 years" real nice hey. I went through 6 doctors before I found the best one ever! Good luck we will be holding our thums that the next doc is the one for you.

Reply Reply