It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2004, 01:02 PM   #1

susan62 HB User
Looking for Knowledgable DR In Indiana

I live a appr 70 miles west if Indianapolis, also does anyone know of many lyme disease cases in INDIANA

Old 09-01-2004, 09:03 AM   #2
Inactive

Komondor HB User
Re: Looking for Knowledgable DR In Indiana

Hi Susan,
There is lyme everywhere. I cannot help you with a doc in your area but Ticker will know if there is one. There are good LLMD's in Pennsylvania or Missouri. Which state is closer to you? Ticker should be back on line soon so hang in there. She will know if one is closer than the two states I mentioned.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2004, 11:04 AM   #3

susan62 HB User

Missouri would be closer. But after prior hospitalization my insurance has cancelled me its very hard to get a dr. to treat you after you tell them you are uninsured. So a Dr in the area would be better with no travelling expense. What kind of Dr treats this a rheumy or internal med. or something else?

Old 09-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #4
Inactive

Komondor HB User

The doctor in Springfield, MO is Dr. C and his patients rave about him. Lyme doctors are just Lyme literate medical doctors called LLMD's. My doctor is an internist/LLMD. Basically there are different types of docs but they know the truth about Lyme and know how to treat it.

As far as insurance goes there are very few that take insurance which is not their fault. There is so much controversy over lyme and insurance companies are a big problem as they do not want to cover treatment... You have to read about it to understand what is going on but it is a sad situation.

There are many programs available for medications when you do not have insurance and a good LLMD will point you in the right direction. Plus there are groups online that will help.

A gentleman in my area lost his job because he was so sick which meant he lost his coverage too. He had Lyme and Babesia. The drugs for babesia are terribly expensive and our doctor hooked him up and he only paid 5.00 for mepron and 5.00 for the zithromax. Try not to worry there is help out there.

Last edited by Komondor; 09-03-2004 at 06:18 PM.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

susan62, welcome to the board

Unfortunately, there are not many Lyme doctors and many people need to travel to see one. I believe that many Lyme doctors are internal medicine but there is no one best specialty. Often, infectious disease doctors are not the best to see for tickborne illnesses.

I do not know of any Lyme doctors in IN. Hermitage, PA and Springfield, MO are the closest to you that I know of. If you would like one of their names, let me know.

Closed Thread