It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User
Cholestyramine for ridding neurotoxins?

Hey all. I too have been diagnosed with Lyme disease almost a year ago and after several months of treatment, i'm still suffering the effects--mostly psychological in nature. I've read on the internet recently that a Dr. Ritchie C. Shoemaker and neurotoxicologist H. Kenneth Hudnell, Ph.D. have proposed a "neurotoxin-mediated illness" theory which states that Lyme disease symptoms are not only bacterial in origin but neurotoxins play a major role as well. They believe that the longer someone has had Lyme disease bacteria in the their body, the increased likelyhood of there being neurotoxins still present causing neuropsychiatric symptoms. They recommend treatments with Actos (antidiabetic medication) and cholestyramine (anticholesterol medication) to rid the body of these toxins. There is some interesting talk about this and they believe that up to 90% of the patients they treated with antibiotics first and then the Actos/cholestyramine protocol will see dramatic improvements in symptoms within weeks! I urge anyone with chronic lyme symptoms to do an internet search and read about this. I am very interested in talking with my doctor very soon to try these medications out and hopefully get some relief. If anyone knows of this treatment already and has tried it, please respond with the results. For those of you who are going to attempt this protocol, please write in with the results--i'm very curious about this because I believe a cure is on the way! Comments/Questions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
Re: Cholestyramine for ridding neurotoxins?

bringing this to the top for actos comments...

looking for my packet too, shanna. sorry. i have been out a bunch since you asked about it so just poked around on internet and didn't find it on crist's site but did find this...

Old 09-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User
Re: Cholestyramine for ridding neurotoxins?

On the recommendation of my doctor, I have been using cholestyramine for quite a while now and it's working very well. I highly recommend it.

Closed Thread