It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2004, 12:01 AM   #1

SheaBuck HB User
Question Bicillin for lyme? help!

I have been diagnosed with Lyme and am now getting intermuscular injections of Bicillin CR weekly. From reading the boards, it seems that everybody else is taking other antibiotics and either orally or by IV. I have not read anything on Bicillin, but that is what my LLMD has chosen. Does anybody have any experience with this?
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 07:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Bicillin for lyme? help!

HI SheaBuck, welcome to the board!

Many people with Lyme have had the Bicillin shots. Are you on something orally also? Are you seeing a knowledgeable doctor? Have you been tested for the co-infections that ticks can transmit--Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2004, 03:07 PM   #3

SheaBuck HB User

Hi Ticker,
Thanks for responding! I am not taking abx orally, just the bicillin shots. I am seeing a LLMD, Dr. Warren Levin. He is also the only one in my state (Arizona). He just moved from the east coast. I guess it just seemed scary b/c most people here talk about their abx's orally and through IV and i have a completely different abx and am getting it in a different way. I also take another medicine w/ the shot called Probenecid which is supposed to help your body absorb the Bicillin better (or something along those lines...). Do you know the recommended dose of Bicillin for Lyme?
Also, I wanted to ask, do you know of any good LLMD's in southern cali?
Thanks again

Old 10-18-2004, 08:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi SheaBuck, I am happy to help. Many people with Lyme have been on bicillin shots, but I wonder if they took an oral antibiotic along with it. I know one person who was on the shots, I will see if they had orals also. I will also ask about the dose.

There is an excellent Lyme doctor in Los Angeles/San Diego. His name is Dr. Steven Harris. I hope you can get an appointment soon.

Closed Thread