It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Question Lyme disease and Fibromyalgia

Can that be? I had the bullseye rash in June after going camping and picking a tick off me. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia also in July. The problem is I have had Fibro symptoms for about 14 years or so, I am totally confused does the rash for undiagnosed Lyme come back when you get feeling really bad? I hate to think I could have both!

Old 10-24-2004, 12:24 PM   #2
Inactive

Komondor HB User
Re: Lyme disease and Fibromyalgia

Hi Benzi,
Rashes can return and fibro can be misdiagnosed as lyme. It is possible you already had lyme and were reinfected. My friend was first bit 6 years ago and had a bulls eye. He was treated using the typical outdated protocals. Got sick again w/o a bull eye. Doc under treated again.

He then got another bulls eye, treated then got sick again w/o a bulls eye. This all happened over a 5 year period and he never felt felt well after that first bite. I also may have gotten the order of bulls eye vs non bulls eye out of order but you get the picture... Anyway, he finally he saw my LLMD after I told him my story.

He was on a combo of orals for 7 months, finished treatment 6 1/2 months ago and is feeling wonderful. He said he feels like he did before the first bite. Our LLMD feels he was reinfected when he got the bulls eye and the other times it was a relapse because he was never treated properly...

You need to be evaluated by a lyme literate medical doctor. What state do you live in? How much research have you done on tick borne diseases? There are so many people that are told they have Fibro. Just last night we attended an oyster roast at a friends house. I was talking to a guy I had not seen in years and he was telling me he was diagnosed with lyme a number of years ago but now they say he has Fibro. I told him the lyme is still active and I am dropping off some info to him tomorrow.

My LLMD was also misdiagnosed with Fibro for many years. Years ago he started getting lyme patients in his office and one day a light bulb went off in his head. He realized he may be infected and sure enought he was. He is doing wonderful now and has dedicated himself to treating numerous patients with tick borne diseases. Oh yea, forgot to mention that my doc never had a bulls eye. Please read, read, read and see an LLMD. Did your doctor treat you when you had the bulls eye? If so, how long and what dosage/meds?

Last edited by Komondor; 10-24-2004 at 12:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Re: Lyme disease and Fibromyalgia

I showed the PCP the bullseye rash right before it went away it started as a red spot about 1" across and then center turned white and ring on outside got to be about 5 or 6 inches across it felt hot but fairly smooth. Now when I showed this to my Dr. and told him I had been camping he got out his rash books and asked ME to pick which one I thought it was. I was never so flabergasted in my life. i am going for a blood test for Lymes next week so I guess I will see then MAYBE

Closed Thread