It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #1

TICKED-OFF HB User
Has anyone ever been cured of Lyme disease?

Has anyone ever been cured of Lyme disease?

By cured, I mean no more symptoms and all negative tests.

Thanks and have a great Holiday...

Old 12-24-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
(male)

samaya35 HB User
Re: Has anyone ever been cured of Lyme disease?

You have hit a dilema with the Testing. To my understanding the are no tests that are 100% accurate. So how would you ever tell if someone was cured. My guess is that if you are asymtomatic you are fortuneate but not cured.

Merry Christmas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I know someone who is well after serious lyme disease for many years. She had bells palsy, neurological symptoms, paranoia, depression, twitching, burning sensations unbelievable fatigue, pain everywhere. She had six months of IV and then more treatment for another year and now she is doing great. She has tons of energy, no lyme symptoms at all and has had no relapse for six years. I don't know what the tests say, but I don't think it matters. She's doing great.

I'm going to get cured too. I'm going to be better and I'm going to get my life back.

Old 12-26-2004, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

You have no idea how important this is for us to see! This thread should stay at the top always for all!

I can only say thank you totally for positive!

Old 12-27-2004, 03:03 AM   #5

TICKED-OFF HB User

That is a great response.

I am sure everyone will be cured. I just wonder when the medical community and insurance companies will acknowledge that Lyme Disease is real.

T.O.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:50 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Just to add to the list of cured stories...I know this woman directly that came down with a very serious case of Lyme disease...she was so weak that she couldn't even get out of bed by herself. She had terrible arthritis, depression, panic attacks, you name it. She saw a LLMD that immediately recogized she needed IV treatment. Unfortunately her insurance company wouldn't pay for it...i don't know exactly why, but i'm figuring they couldn't get a positive Elisa/Western Blot on her...who knows. An MRI was ordered and it did show plaque in certain spots. The doctor started her on Doxycycline and kept her on it for 2 years! That's right, 2 years! After this time, she experienced little if any benefit from it. She noted that after meals, she would get shakes and trembling as well. Her doctor recognized this symtpom and told her that it was the yeast and sugar in her diet that was causing this. The doctor recommended that she go on diet free from sugar and yeast. She figured it was her last hope so she did it. She noted that the trembling had stopped which she was very happy about. After she started the diet, it took her an additional 3 years and little by little all of her symptoms resolved. They flared at certain times of the year, especially during season changes, but now she is doing quite well. She told me over the summer that she feels completely normal again. Still though, it made me wonder...what actually accounted for her recovery? Long term antibiotics, the diet, both, or neither? That leaves another question...what if she didn't just have Lyme disease but Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well? Many people don't recognized Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as a legitimate illness and say that it is really Lyme Disease. However, I've heard several accounts from people on the net that recover from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome without ever taking an antibiotic. There are thousands of stories like this. What accounts for this? Unfortunately, no one can answer these questions, but in my opinion, some other disease mechanisms besides infection must have been set in motion. My guess is that TIME was the most important factor involved. Maybe her immune system and brain functions just needed time to heal. I'm guessing that she cares very little for HOW she got well...she is just glad that she IS well. I, of course, like many of you, would rather do something about it rather than leaving it into fates hands.

Last edited by CFD 333; 12-27-2004 at 12:54 PM.

Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 PM   #7
Inactive

Komondor HB User

Ofcourse people beat lyme and other TBD's but the problem is they do not hang aroung with all of us that are still sick. They get on with life and stop posting.

I have a very close friend who is doing great after 7 months of treatment. He was originally infected 6 years ago and was treated by our internist on 4 separate occasions short term and under dosed. Problems was he never felt well after the first treatment because he was never treated properly...

He finally saw Dr. S in DC just after I was diagnosed and was properly treated long term. He feels great now and stopped treatment 9 1/2 months ago and feels like he did before he got sick. He is very thankful... and he continues to eat properly and take care of himself. He has not written his success story yet because he is waiting for the one year mark.

I know I will beat this and I too will post my success story one day. Try not to get discouraged and always remember what you are reading is from someone who is still sick. There are plenty of success stories out there you just have to search for them.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
(female)

misypeach HB User

Well my 7 year old is going through this and its very scary shes 7 I can not grasp the thought of her having these problems all her life. She has bells palsy I have posted on other strings please check them out thanks

Old 05-30-2005, 06:30 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi misypeach, welcome to the board!

I am so sorry your daughter has Lyme, I know it is heartbreaking. How long has she been sick? Is she getting treated by a knowledgeable doctor? Where are you located? The best Lyme pediatrician in the country is Dr. Charles Ray Jones in New Haven, CT. He sees patients from all over and has helped so many children. If she is not getting the proper treatment, I recommend calling his office.

With proper treatment, your daughter will get better. Hang in there okay? You are not alone.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #10
(female)

kmay HB User
Cool Re: Has anyone ever been cured of Lyme disease?

I was originally treated for Lyme Disease 10 years ago, however, I know now that I was treated incorrectly. By the time I saw the doctor I was in stage 2 and the oral antibiotics I was given were not enough. About 2 years ago my symptoms began to resurface one by one and became very intense to the point that I could no longer work. I was seeing different doctors all with a different diagnosis and treatment. Finally a friend recommended a doctor in VA that he wanted me to see. I followed his advice and I am so glad!! He was the only doctor to actually figure out what was causing my pain and symptoms. I have been under his care for almost 3 months and I just tested negative for Lyme. I am not proclaiming a miracle yet, but I am a beliver in this doctor!! He has given me nothing but homeopathic remedies (lots of them) and that is the best part. I have not taken any antibiotics nor have I experienced any adverse side effects from any of the remedies. As we all know Lyme causes many other problems in your body and that is what I am dealing with now, correcting the damage caused to my liver, adrenals, nerves, lymph, hormones, etc. I am feelng better all the time, although I know it is going to be a road yet. My doctor is Dr John Pinto, located in Centreville, Va ( about 1 hour outside of BWI and 30 min from Dulles airport) and I hope that all who read this will call him.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:24 AM   #11
Inactive

deejavu HB User

Hi kmay,

Welcome to the board and thanks for telling us your story. I find it very interesting that you were treated with homeopathic remedies as after hearing other member's stories about those remedies and feeling so much better, I am seriously thinking of finding a good lyme-literate homeopath as it makes so much sense to me.

I am so happy for you that you are feeling great! That gives me so much hope!

I would ask you what remedies your doctor put you on, but I am sure the list is very long.

Good luck to you!
Denise

Old 06-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Hi kmay,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your improvement. I live in Dallas, Texas and my husband is ready to get in the car and go anywhere to resolve this. I am on Texas high risk insurance so nothing would be covered outside of Texas but I have also found that the "natural" approach is not nearly as costly as the traditional one. I have not had any reactions to the supplements which is something I cannot say for meds. I am printing out your thread for future reference in case I need it. I am now on saventaro and colloidal silver and hope for good results too. My husband is originally from Pa. and I am from Mass. so if I could make the trip it would be a good chance to visit relatives. After over 4 years of fearing to go anyplace my husband would be thrilled. He is ready to get out of town. Thanks again for the info and best wishes for a full recovery. Please keep us posted. I know we would all love to ask what you are doing but it is probably to long a list. I don't mind the bills for help as long as there is progress. I'm sure you feel the same way. Good news on here is always a blessing.
betterdaysforme

Old 06-06-2005, 09:09 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay
I was originally treated for Lyme Disease 10 years ago, however, I know now that I was treated incorrectly. By the time I saw the doctor I was in stage 2 and the oral antibiotics I was given were not enough. About 2 years ago my symptoms began to resurface one by one and became very intense to the point that I could no longer work. I was seeing different doctors all with a different diagnosis and treatment. Finally a friend recommended a doctor in VA that he wanted me to see. I followed his advice and I am so glad!! He was the only doctor to actually figure out what was causing my pain and symptoms. I have been under his care for almost 3 months and I just tested negative for Lyme. I am not proclaiming a miracle yet, but I am a beliver in this doctor!! He has given me nothing but homeopathic remedies (lots of them) and that is the best part. I have not taken any antibiotics nor have I experienced any adverse side effects from any of the remedies. As we all know Lyme causes many other problems in your body and that is what I am dealing with now, correcting the damage caused to my liver, adrenals, nerves, lymph, hormones, etc. I am feelng better all the time, although I know it is going to be a road yet. My doctor is Dr John Pinto, located in Centreville, Va ( about 1 hour outside of BWI and 30 min from Dulles airport) and I hope that all who read this will call him.

Hey kmay,

I just tried to look up Dr. John Pinto and can't find him. I know you can't list phone numbers or addresses and was wondering if maybe he is listed under the place where he works and not his name. I directed musclenjoints to try and find him but maybe you can tell her what to look for. This was such a positive thread that I think the people in your area would be intrested in how to find him. Thanks.
betterdaysforme

Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 PM   #14
(female)

kmay HB User

Please try Advanced Chiropractic of VA.....don't be fooled, this guy does so much more than chiropractic....he believes in balancing your whole body and that means getting rid of things that dont belong in it, such as spirochetes and viruses and bacteria! His office is pretty high tech and I am amazed every day by the things I see in there. This disease is so awful and people have no idea what it can do to a persons life.....I feel obligated to share my story because nobody should have to endure this....I met one lady in the office that said she had cancer before she was diagnosed with LD and it was a piece of cake compared to the havoc LD has wreaked on her body. Dr Pinto is making a name for himself all over the country , not just for LD either, and he has patients from all over, I myself am from FL. His office is very small and modest and his dog Elvis will greet you when you come in...maybe we will run into each other there!

Closed Thread