It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User
Sweats from Head to Toe...

Hi All - I hope you have all had a good New Year's Day - I am happy to report I have had two of the most pain free and symptom free days in 8 months. Thank goodness!

A question...has anyone experienced major sweats during the day? This has happened to me twice...once was after a massage and the other was after I tried to jog a very short way...about an hour after the massage (which was last December - became symptomatic in May this year) and the other time was 10 minutes after the jog.

It was weird - I would start to feel euphoric and filled with energy then I broke out is a full body sweat starting with my head and then all over to the point you could see it running down my face. This would last 10-15 minutes then I felt cold and clammy for another 30 minutes. I know this could be detox but wonder if any of you have experienced in a similiar manner...

Thanks...

Old 01-01-2005, 09:02 PM   #2

braazil HB User
Re: Sweats from Head to Toe...

Yes- did you test for Babesia? That's 1 of the coinfections I have!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 07:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi ncgirl88, happy new year!!

Did these sweats occur prior to your diagnosis and treatment?

Old 01-02-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Braazil - Yes, I do have Babesia and the episode after jogging happened after my first one month round of Mepron and Zithromax. I think I was on my second week of Minocin and Zithromax at that point and off the Mepron for a month. I only treated with Mepron for one month.

Ticker - Yes, the first time I experienced this was after a massage back in December 2003 - although I will say we went to Nantucket in August 2003 so I had started having lower back pain and tingling extremities when I would wake up in the morning...as well as a numb toe.

I just freaked myself out last night. I know I have had exposure to asbestos at one point all be it small and one of the symptoms of that is this sweating - where you break out in it and it starts rolling down your face and your whole body is involved. It just really upset me reading this. It doesn't help that a friend down here told me her friend's Dad is sick with lyme and mesothialima (spelling that wrong probably) the cancer that affects the lining of the body due to asbestos.

What scares me is that I started having breathing problems at the beginning of 2003 in January before the Nantucket trip. Ever since I have not been able to exercise like I did without being very short of breath. I had one chest xray back when it first started and pulmonology tests and they were all normal. Of course at that point we had been living in Groton, MA, tick central, for almost 3 years and I hiked a bit.

Thanks for your replies.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:58 AM   #5
Veteran

dancergirl587 HB User

NCGirl, I'm sorry your so freaked. My father has also been exposed to asbestos and my unly actually has asbestosis because of it, My father has never experienced any kind of sweats like that, I didn't know that was one of the symptoms. I'll have to do some research on it. Hope you're feeling better!

Old 01-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

ncgirl88 have you gotten the sweats since your Babesiosis treatment stopped? If so, it is possible you were not treated long enough.

Old 01-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I will have to go back and check Ticker. Thanks for the reminder. I know that most people don't kick the Babesia in the first month of treatment but one of the nurses at the clinic really put her foot down and said the month of Mepron should have done it while the person I am seeing directly was much more vague about it and said well it will be safe to take with the Minocin and Zithro if you decide to continue it but kind of left it to me to make that decision. I start Septra and Minocin tomorrow for three weeks and don't think the Mepron will be safe with that combo. I will check out the timing of those sweats and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
Inactive

Komondor HB User

I have experienced these sweats during the day especially if I was outside doing some type of work that normally should not make me sweat.

I remember standing in line at Lowes last spring and I was drenched. My hair was soaking wet, my shirt and sweat was dripping down my legs. I looked disgusting... and it was not hot out.

I still experience some sweating during the day but it comes and goes. Not nearly as bad either. Oh, my doctor also mentioned bartonella can cause day sweats.

Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
(female)

Rubeckia HB User

I have these and they are driving me up the wall. I am so ready for it to stop. They happen around 14 times a day- head to toe sweats followed by chills. I actually shiver. Woke up this am and couldn't get warm, then all the sudden I was throwing the blankets off. I know this must be taking a toll on my body as it happens during the night and so my sleep is distrubed.

Not sure if my LLDR tested for Babesia or not. She thought it may have been a urinary tract infection, but it's not getting any better. I've been trying to get intouch with her, but the holiday's have made it difficult.

Hang in there Ncgrirl88!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hey nicegirl, how's this going now for you? Are you still having trouble with the sweats? Did you get back on mepron? Was it the babesia? Just wondering how you're doing....

Old 01-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hi all of you - thanks for your replys...I am having a hard time figuring out if my last sweating extravanganza happened before or after I was off the Mepron. Thanks for the thought about Bartonella Komondor...I took my dog to her vet last week and we went over my medical history extensivly too along with hers because he wanted a clear picture and he kept mentioning bartonella when I told him how much my heart has hurting, palps, and thumping...I wasn't tested for it because Dr. Js believed they would just treat as if it is there...this vet though kept mentioning it to me but telling me good that I was taking some zithromax along the way since that should hit it. I was just in a paranoid place when thinking about all this stuff. If it was asbestos related at all I would think that it wouldn't have improved or gone away. I went bike riding yesterday and for the first time in a really long time I felt like I could breath. I haven't had another sweat since the one a few weeks back. Thanks for your replies and concern

Closed Thread