It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
(female)

rooey HB User
Smile ozone therapy

I have a friend who has had Lyme disease for 10 years. This past summer she got tired of taking all kinds of medication, so she switched to "alternative medicine". Her pain has lessened, but is still experiencing many other Lyme symptoms such as fatigue, inability to concentrate and she is experiencing a lot of sickness from the only antibiotic she is on. My friend does not have internet access so she wanted me to research on the internet about ozone therapy. She has done some looking on her own, but is pretty overwhelmed by all the inforatmion on ozone therapy. I was just wondering if anyone has tried ozone therapy for treating Lyme disease and how did it work? My friend really wants to make an informed decision as to whether this should be her next step in her treatment. Any information or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: ozone therapy

Hi rooey, welcome to the board! It is nice of you to help your friend.

I have a couple of questions. Is your friend seeing a Lyme knowledgeable doctor? How long has was she sick before getting diagnosed and how long has she been treated?

Besides Lyme disease, ticks can transmit several co-infections--Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. Many people who have Lyme disease are co-infected, so it is important to be tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab. Has she been tested for the co-infections? If so, was she tested recently? Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. Maybe a co-infection is slowing her treatment progress.

I cannot answer your question regarding ozone therapy. Hopefully, someone else can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2005, 05:11 AM   #3
(female)

rooey HB User

Thank you for your response. Yes, my friend is seeing two Lyme knowledgable doctors and they are both very good about listening to her and are willing to try serveral treatment options in order to get some relief. She is being treated for co-infections.
My Dad took his own life last january after battling Lyme disease for four years (though for the first 3 years he was told it was all in his head). I am doing what I can in our area to get the word out about Lyme and to help people who have it. I hope I can help people avoid the pain that our family has experienced.

Old 01-03-2005, 05:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

rooey, my heart breaks for the loss of your father. I am so very sorry.

It is a crime that Lyme is rarely considered as a possible diagnosis. As a result, people become much sicker and need longer treatment. So many people are told it is in thier head because doctors cannot find out what is wrong.

Please tell your friend to hang in there and to know that she is not alone. Getting treated for tickborne illnesses can be very difficult. I know first-hand that having co-infections complicates treatment and progress, but she can get better.

What a wonderful tribute to your father to help others who are dealing with Lyme.

Last edited by ticker; 01-03-2005 at 05:44 AM.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #5

Ozarka HB User

Rooey,
I don't know about ozone therapy but I did wish to say I too feel very badly for what happened to your father. I talked to an individual who takes vitamin O for lyme from a health food store. Basically it's a vitamin-mineral suppliment that increases oxygenation so possibly it would be similar?
Just a thought .....
Ozarka

Old 01-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi rooey, welcome. I don't know anything about ozone therapy, but wanted to reply to your post to tell you I'm so sorry about your dad. I have lost two family members at their own hands and I know they were so depressed and in pain, they were not able to get the help they needed. It is a difficult kind of loss that you grieve after something like that, I hope you're doing okay.

I pray that your friend can get some relief soon. Peace and good health to both of you.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:04 PM   #7
(male)

cbachinger HB User

Ozone therapy is very efffective against viral and bacterial illnesses because as previous replies stated, it introduces high levels of O2 and such illness agents cannot survive in such an O2 rich environment.

Cheap and effective.

This is why it is illegal in certain countries like the US but apparently that is now slowly changing.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #8
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

Though intuitively it would seem like ozone therapy would be good for lyme, Brian Rosner, who wrote among other books, "The top ten treatments for lyme from the best of conventional and alternative therapy" has a different take on it.

According to him, doing ozone might be a good thing but within limits, as
an adjunct to some other alternative treatments. I liked this book overall and also his other book. I would advise you to first learn more
about ozone vis-a-vis lyme as it might not be good as a standalone treatment and there is a critical point upto which only it might be recommended. Though it does seem to be recommended.

Last edited by stasis4; 05-13-2008 at 07:52 AM. Reason: needed to correct some info

Closed Thread