It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Sad news my wife tested positive for Lyme (Sexually Transmitted!)

Sad news my wife tested positive for Lyme (Sexually Transmitted!)

My wife is from Bulgaria they’ve had only a couple cases of Lyme there in the last few years. She has tested positive for Lyme.

I am 100% sure I passed it to her through sex!

I HAVE TO BE CLEAR - I PASSED IT THROUGH SEX!

I really think this can become something huge in the near future. Don’t mind helping others around the world, but at least help yourself also!

The Following User Says Thank You to dealer1111 For This Useful Post:
geniebeanie (11-29-2011)
Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
(female)

5labudas HB User
Re: Sad news my wife tested positive for Lyme (Sexually Transmitted!)

I havent heard of this yet. Is is medically documented that this can be passed on that way or just peoples observations?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

ekim1111, I am sorry that your wife also has Lyme. I hope she responds very well to treatment.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

Yes it is documented in Male Mice spreading it to female mice.

My wife I am sure there is no other way she could have gotten it. I am positive of this.

And my doctor and others also believe this from what they are seeing.

Last edited by dealer1111; 01-05-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Old 01-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

How can u be 100% sure....there is absolutely no way of knowing that. Tics are everywhere! Unless she lives in a bubble, there is a much greater chance that she got Lyme Disease from a tick. The CDC states that humans are a dead end host for the bacteria...we can't transmit it to others. Anyway, it doesn't matter how she got it, only know that she gets proper treatment. Right?

Old 01-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi Ekim, I'm so sorry your wife has lyme. I know you will be able to help her out quite a bit, though. You will get through this together.

My husband was tested a few months ago and he tested negative. He is fine and does not have any symptoms. I am grateful that he's well, but sometimes worry about my kids. I would know by now if it were tranferred through the placenta, don't you think? I often wonder about that.

I hope you both get well very soon.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Oh, Ekim...I am so sorry. We are waiting on my husband's test results - he is feeling really crummy. I know it is like living in a nightmare...I am so sorry.

My personal opinion is yes, it can be transmitted by sexual contact...it is like syphilis in physical make up - why couldn't it be? This scares the heck out of me. Sure maybe my husband got infected on one our hikes or on Nantucket too...but I find it awful strange that my husband got sick with in months of me...

Take care Ekim...please send our best to your wife and let her know that we are thinking about her...Take care...

Old 01-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

so sorry, ekim. Tell her to come here too. We want to meet her. But how will we know who she is? Maybe she can register as ekim's wife? (smile) Tell her I'm sorry. Better to know and fight tho, huh? Take care of eachother. --L

Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

(((((HUGS)))))) This too is a concern for me and my hubby.... at least she will have good care right from the start!

And regarding CDC... if you read their info on the website... much of it is NOT updated.... hence even if it were "proven" that it can be STD... it wouldn't be listed since they seem to be way to cautious on what they report of Lyme (of course its my opinion only.....)

Old 01-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User

I can only say that in my heart I know she got Lyme from me through STD. But it isn't up to us to do the studies it's up to someone in the USA but I have no idea anymore.

She was complaining of swollen glands and this is what prompted the test. We where planning our first child but this will surely end any thoughts to this until she is confirmed by our doctor it is safe.

AND WITH NO DOUBT IT CAN BE PASSED FROM MOTHER TO CHILD during pregnacy.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:56 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Ekim,

That is my biggest fears, we hav e 3 year old son. My symptions did not start until he was 1 years old (they (the drs) thought I was just stressed and couldn't handle being a mom, wife, woman and a business owner)

So I am hopeful that I did not have this horrid disease before I had zane.... he has enough medical problems to begin with.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

I am begining to think Mark was born with lyme. My daughter was complaining of a very sore knee,fatigue,and jerking feelings last night. I am trying to think it's just running in gym indoors yesterday with all the sharp turns,but no explaination for the "jerking." I now go back to her anxiety attacks a few yrs back, mono in 5th grade, [severe] and her reading trouble in elementary school. Still mispronounces a lot of words when she reads out loud to me. Freaky--but I will watch closely.

Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
For: fotomom & laurie864bla

I had Childhood lyme, 100% sure of this.

I know I did. Did you go to the NC site and read about childhood symptoms, I think this is a must if you haven't.

But to be safe I would always beleive what my heart tells me and forget my head with illnesses. So many times we can sense there is something but justify it with something else. For me it was easier to do this.

Besides all the doctors since I was a child told me nothing was wrong with me, even when I was ending up in a wheel chair very quickly a couple years ago.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:46 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

ohio hunter HB User

hi ekim
i agree with every statement you made and will add more. i saw reports of releases in dr b office. there is lyme spirochetes in sperm, breast milk and plasenta! it is also stated in townsend letters that it is found in cows milk. this is thaught to infect people who drink raw milk on the farm. it has also been stated that milk is pasturized at around 150 degrees and it takes temps over 160 to kill lyme bacteria.
jon

Old 01-06-2005, 02:03 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Ohio - the cow's milk thing has me going...when we moved to NC I started drinking this milk that is pasteurized but from a local farm and packaged in glass bottles. I have to say that I got sick with a cold and was drinking a ton of this milk the first couple months we lived here. I know we have tons of ticks here and I am probably being paranoid...also my nantucket trip was really when I know I was infected at this point...but I keep thinking about that milk...

Closed Thread