It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User
can lyme come back after 5 years?

i guess this post is for all you that used to have it,long story short,had lyme 5 years ago really bad,recovered my doctor said it will always be in my blood,ok my question is..........been having one symtom.....very tierd all the time,can it come back?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #2

Ozarka HB User
Re: can lyme come back after 5 years?

Sunflowerhope,
I would think it could. Did you have treatment five years ago? If so, what was it? You might consider getting a blood test again, maybe the Bowen to see what the dilution rate is in your blood (if this test is reliable). Of course, being tired could be hormonal, a temporary turn of events due to this or that, so don't be discouraged.
Ozarka

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarka
Sunflowerhope,
I would think it could. Did you have treatment five years ago? If so, what was it? You might consider getting a blood test again, maybe the Bowen to see what the dilution rate is in your blood (if this test is reliable). Of course, being tired could be hormonal, a temporary turn of events due to this or that, so don't be discouraged.
Ozarka

Chronic Lyme is only noticeable once the bacteria builds up to a specific level. When it spills over, your body is pulling all of its resources to fight it. With treatment whether its natural homeopathics or anti biotic drugs, you immune system gets the help it needs in order to flush it out. But the bacteria is never completely gone. Once you run yourself down enough, the bacteria will mulitply out of control again.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:57 PM   #4

Ozarka HB User

Takemylife,
this is not encouraging but I know it's true.
So what's the point of antibiotics if you can strengthen your immune system in another way and hold the spirochetes at bay?

Old 01-17-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarka
Takemylife,
this is not encouraging but I know it's true.
So what's the point of antibiotics if you can strengthen your immune system in another way and hold the spirochetes at bay?
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound discouraging. I have a bad habit of doing that. I really meant it the opposite way.

I just believe that once you become infested with chronic Lyme you are buried six feet under. There is no pulling out.

Taking Samento or antibiotics will give you the foot hold you need to stop their life cycle and catch up. Once you have climbed back to the top it is up to you to make sure your immune system stays there.

Drinking and missing sleep....a couple of years of that and I was right back to square one again.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:40 PM   #6

kim22 HB User
Re: Dr. Bradford Clinic in Mexico

Has anyone ever really gotten completely better (symptom free?) and has anyone heard any stories or been to Dr. Bradford's clinic in Mexico

Old 01-18-2005, 05:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I live in Connecticut and lyme disease is obviously a known word around here. I know many people who have gotten better even after serious third stage lyme. Please don't give yourself the idea that people don't get their lives back after being infected with lyme, that is absolutely untrue and I see examples all around me so I'm not getting this from a doctor or a book.

Take good care of yourself. I agree with TML's post, you have to help your immune system and keep a leg up on this parasite. If it wants to exist in your body it is going to be persistent but there are things you can do to make yourself strong and keep it weak. Dont give up, it will be worth it!

Old 01-18-2005, 05:38 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User
Re: Dr. Bradford Clinic in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim22
Has anyone ever really gotten completely better (symptom free?) and has anyone heard any stories or been to Dr. Bradford's clinic in Mexico

Yes, I definitely got better. Completely symtom free until I started drinking again.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

tml- can you tell me what you mean when you say you started drinking again? I'm sorry to get personal if you don't want to explain, but I really want to enjoy a glass of wine again some day and I'm worried about this. Did you go on a binge or does one glass mess you up or what? I know I'll always have to take care of myself, but if I can't have a glass of wine by the pool this summer I'm going to get a little nuts.

Old 01-18-2005, 10:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

I'm sure once the bacteria is virtually gone and your immune system is back to normal, a glass of wine here and there is not going to send you into a tail spin. In my case I was drinking every day and getting very little sleep.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:24 AM   #11
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

so should i go get tested again?

Old 01-19-2005, 05:26 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User

Hi sunflowerhope, welcome to the board!

I am sorry your symptoms are returning. I think it is possible that Lyme disease can come back. You may not have been treated effectively initially and it is also possible you may have been reinfected. When you were treated, was it by a Lyme knowledgable doctor? Were you treated until you were symptom free for at least two months?

You definitely should see a Lyme doctor for an evaluation. Besides Lyme, ticks can transmit several co-infections including Babesiosis, Ehrlichiosis (HME & HGE), Bartonella, and Mycoplasma. People who have Lyme are often co-infected. Many Lyme doctors believe the co-infections need to be treated first for Lyme treatment to be effective. Were you ever tested for these by a Lyme reputable lab? This is very important.

Where do you live?

Old 01-20-2005, 04:41 AM   #13
(female)

sunflowerhope HB User

Ohio,and my sympyms did get better,its just the tierdness im having,im thinking its back,no the doctor didnt know much about it my husband made me get the test.??????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

Closed Thread