It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User
6 weeks later...

I am offically entering in to my 7th week of doxy 400mg a day. I wil be starting zithro and another med in a few days (waiting for the rx slips)

My symptions have really subsided... I am almost scared to say this, but I have felt very good lately.... all last week I slept the whole night through in my bed with my hubby!!! The air mattress is still blown up (just incase!) I have not gotten up to pee every night 2 or 3 times like I used to.

I have though have found that just about every 15 days I feel ike crap for a few days but it goes away rather fast, as long as I give my body the rest I need.

My hands do not hurt (but today they do, but I also have been crocheting for the last 3 days since my hands felt sooooo good!!!!!)

I get sick in my tummy after I take the med and when I have a long day I am fatigued, so I find my self relaxing more.

My mind is still crazy... I find I am more foggier now than I was 6 weeks ago, more forgetful.

My chest no longer hurts..... sooo nice.....

I offically had my first sunburn, even after the SPF45 I wear every day, my nose is burned to a crisp after having coffee with a client for 30 minutes in the warm sunday sun yesterday.

I am glad my treatment is getting more agressive as I have high hopes of feeling like this or better by April when my business goes full time again for the season.

Old 01-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
Re: 6 weeks later...

hey fotomom! what a great post to end my day with. Happy 6 weeks and although i know your nose will be sore, your description of earning that burn was delightful. I'll drink to your health with my cup in manana...

I soon should be posting about STARTING treatment. Called office today for coinfection results but they were closed - holiday, i guess.

sweet dreams , cj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
(male)

itsRyan HB User

That is great news, Fotomom! I hope the Doxycyline continues to work well for you.

I am also on Doxycycline (400 mg), and it is starting to work for me as well

Take care,

Ryan

Old 01-18-2005, 05:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

Hi fotomom, I'm so happy for you, glad you're doing better. I am taking doxy and found that when I bumped up to 600 mg a day it got rid of the brain fog. I was told that less that 600 mg will not cross the blood brain barrier to get the lyme in your brain and I found that to be true. Also, I got a BAD sunburn last summer and my skin has not yet healed--it's still very red and the dermatologist says now I have to have it biopsied because of the permanent damage. Be careful!

Okay, don't mean to be talking about bad things when you're post was an upbeat one! Great news, congratulations and keep looking ahead...spring is going to be great!

Old 01-18-2005, 06:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

That is great news fotomom! I am so happy for you. I thought of you all day Saturday as my husband and I gave a couple a complimentary photo session - he is thinking of taking his first wedding photography job. It was actually very fun! Being around a couple that were so much in love and so hopeful...my husband got some really great shots! Anyway, thank goodness you are feeling better AND you were drinking coffee! That is something I have not been able to do because the caffeine makes my system buzz...I am hoping soon I will be able to enjoy one cup a week as a treat Take care and keep up the great progress!

Old 01-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User

Coffee.. trust me it was decaf (the caffine does a number on me too as well as my bladder!)

My nose is still red and blisteredy and bumpy.... man this sucks!!!!

NC~ glad your DH had fun photographing.... I really love what I do... not many people have that with their careers!

Closed Thread