It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

brennd8 HB User
Talking Weird HErx at the Cracker Barrel Last Night. Gave everyone something to talk about

My family and me were eating dinner at Cracker Barrel when I got this sharp pain in my head. One of the signs that I am going to start herxing either within 1/2 hr to a couple hrs. Well, this one just decided to hit right then and there full force. I started getting this whirling in my head and then my eyes started rolling and boom, I was down for the count. Good thing my husband knows all the signs and he switched seats with my son or else I would have been wearing my mashed potatoes in my bangs. Not a pretty sight, I'll telll you. Well, I came to after a few moments with my head aching and dizzy, and of course telling my husband that I am fine ( this is something that I do, ((it really bugs him )) when boom I went out again.
To make a long story short, this happened all the way out the door, yes, people we had to leave and I did not get to finish my potatoes, sad but true !!! In between passing out, an older gentlemen was winking at me, and I started cracking up lauging about that. Try explaning that to a restaurant of people.
Oh what this disease does to us. It is not a fun ride, unless we can make it one, eh???
ANyway that was my night. Anyone else herx this often ? I do about 4-5 days a week. I am on Biaxin 500 mg 2x day. Nystatin 4x a day . Diflucan 1x day. Just got off Doxy 300mg 3x day for 4 months.
Have a Good Day, Lymies,
Heather

Old 01-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #2
Veteran

dancergirl587 HB User
Re: Weird HErx at the Cracker Barrel Last Night. Gave everyone something to talk about

Oh my goodness! That must have been some experience for ya'll! Im glad you're ok and that you didn't actually hit the floor! I didn't know that some people pass out while herxing, Im not sure what to expect! I'm glad to hear you're getting proper treatment though. I have to say you sure paint an amusing picture with words! I'm glad that you're OK though!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Re: Weird HErx at the Cracker Barrel Last Night. Gave everyone something to talk about

Wow sorry to hear this. And you told your story very well. I would have had a hard time leaving the mashed potatoes also.

I have a resturaunt story also. (Before I knew it was Lyme) about 18-months ago. Had just been in the hospital three times in two weeks, for unknown illnesses.

Was eating felt really strange, walked out the doors, my wife and father followed. Dropped to the ground and starting shaken. Some one walking by asked my wife if it was a drug overdose?

But was funny is my wife had to pay the bill and the money was in my pocket. She had to take the money from my pocket while I was out cold on the ground shaken, she told me latter she thought people walking bye thought she was stealling my money. For me I found a few laughes in this down the road. Much better since those days!

Old 01-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #4

kimoo1 HB User

This also happened to me once,I had over done it for 2 weeks and then we were 2 hrs. into a motorcycle trip for the weekend and all of a sudden I got dizzy and had to throw up if I didn't keep my eyes closed, I felt like road kill which I must have looked like it because I was on the side of the road. We had 2 other couple's waiting for me to get up so we could continue,
well I tried real hard and made it up the road a few miles but was going to fall off my hubby's bike thank god i didn't drive my own bike, didn't feel the best when we left, so I opted to ride with him. We ended up staying in a hotel that day and night it was only 11:00 am. We went home the next morning God I didn't think I was going to make it but I did. It took two more days to feel better at the time I did not know I had lyme, just thought it was the RA/Lupus. but now it makes sense. So now I really pace myself I never want to do that again. Kim

Old 01-27-2005, 05:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

very strange.. I'm not on meds yet - yikes! I'll take the heads up on strategic seating?!
Sorry to hear herxing is doing such a number on you but glad to know meds are giving the spirochettes hell! Sounds like they were under nuclear attack at Cracker Barrell... cj

Closed Thread