It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

dealer1111 HB User
Asprin and Brain Fog or Herxing

Just would like to ask how many have tried taken a Bayers Asprin to see if there is any relief from the sick feelings of the Herx?

Please post feedback on this, if you haven't tried it, please if your doctor says its safe, try it!

For two days in a row it has really helped me feel much much better! I would like to know if I am just having an up time or the asprin 1-per day is really working.

Both times took it because I felt brain fogged, and about two hours each time of taking it I have had almost complete relief from the fog.

Reason for relief is the anti flamatory affects of the asprin. They believe the fog can be caused by swelling of the small blood vessels in the brain from the infection, causing a decrease in oxygen which causes the slowness and lost feelings. I only know what I am feeling and some info I read about. The asprin is doing something or it is two times the same pattern in two days. I don't usually get relief from brain fog. Once it comes on during the day it progesses for me all day. Only in the morning for a couple hours is it not so bad.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

fotomom HB User
Re: Asprin and Brain Fog or Herxing

When I first had bells apsly (almost 2 years before dx of lyme) I was on baby asprin for 4 months.... I think they were more afraid I was having a stroke.... Glad it works for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2005, 12:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User
Re: Asprin and Brain Fog or Herxing

i'm watching for feedback.
my head/neck and back have been aching something awful with major brain fog after that first big dose. today, i actually feel pretty good. spread doses way out yesterday, partly trying to stay clear of a late eveing dose of primal defense.

is ibuprophen safe while i'm waiting for word on asprin?

thanks for the word on this ekim. cj

Closed Thread