It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 09:25 PM   #1

autmom HB User
Cat's Claw or other herbs

Has anyone here tried TOA Free Cat's Claw or other herbs?

Old 02-27-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gottagetbetter HB User
Re: Cat's Claw or other herbs

I have not tried it yet. I am in process of educating myself as fast as I can to make a more informed decision about my treatment. I am in the middle of an awesome book right now. "Beating Lyme Disease with alternative medicine and god living". It is written by Dr Jerinagan. I will let you know what I figure out.
~P

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Looking forward to hearing what you find on Cat's Claw, etc.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Dear gottagetbetter,

Let us know what you find out. I just ordered the book "Natural Cures they don't want you to know about". I ordered it at Barnes and Noble and they said it is really hard to keep in stock. They told me the 15th of March and have now pushed it back to the 21st. I saw Kevin Trudeau (author) on an infomercial type program and the book sounds real interesting. He has the same attitude as most of us that you just can't get proper treatment and when you do get somebody to talk to you it is not beneficial. They say there is stuff about almost all illnesses so I'm curious to see if Lyme is in it. If I find anything positive I'll certainly share. I could have ordered it over the tv but to broke from doctor's visits to pay the $9.95 shipping.
betterdaysforme

Old 02-28-2005, 08:37 PM   #5

autmom HB User

I bought some Saventaro capsules for dh to try soon. I guess Samento is stronger, but we'll start here. Will look forward to hear what you guys find out from the books.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

I ordered Samento recently but I haven't tried it yet. I've read a lot of mixed reactions from it...some people say it works wonderfully and others say it did virtually nothing or it gave them bad headaches so they had to stop. The only thing I really now about this product is that it is like a natural "quinolone". A quinolone is a class of antibiotics which include Cipro and Levaquin. Supposidly it can work just as well as the medications if not better. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about whether it has the ability to penetrate into tissues or cross the blood brain barrier which is essential for it to be effective against neurological symptoms.

Old 03-01-2005, 06:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

I bet it can if they are likening it to Quinolone class of drugs...that is the big thing with the quinolones is that they can penetrate the blood brain barrier. That is also why they are really bad neurologically for some people...I wonder.

Keep me posted on everything you learn about Cat's Claw...

Old 03-01-2005, 06:13 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I have been taking cat's claw for about ten months. I think it helps but who knows? I take so many things I just don't know what's working and what isn't. I am definitely getting better though. Slowly, too slowly for me, but I know it takes time.

My naturopath MD says the cat's claw is effective so I just keep taking it. I don't have any problems with it. No headaches or anything like that. There are some good articles, especially one by allergy research group called Lyme Disease: Nutraceutical Breakthrough Using TOA-Free Cat's Claw. It is inspiring to read, I hope you are able to find it.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Samento is absolutely amazing in its potency and level of effectiveness in my case.

I started with one drop. Within three days, my chest was covered in a rash and my symptoms had increased my 50 percent. It was quite amazing. I developed large (this is disgusting) pockets of puss in my inner thighs and one on the side of my jaw. It was forcing the bacteria out of my system, and it just could not get out fast enought. Though the first 6 weeks were excrutiating and at times I had to back off for a few days, I am feeling like I havent felt in years...and its only been eight weeks. This product was so strong, I had to keep up days baths in my hot tub to get rid of the toxic build up that was trying to get out. This help tremendously.

Its powerfull stuff. It would be a terrible thing for someone to make the mistake of taking a few table spoons full.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

ncgirl88 HB User

Hey TakemyLife keep us posted on this - I am so glad you posted! I hope you keep having a good response.

I have also heard good things about Rhodiola - I got a book on it but haven't started it yet...

Old 03-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Takemylife: I think all those immediate symptoms would've scared the wits out of me! I assume that because you're feeling better (and survived all that pus & stuff!) that it was an expected response? How did you know when to go off it and were you on anything else at the same time?

Old 03-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #12

SuzU HB User

Dr. E in NJ just started me on cat's claw as well. Haven't noticed anything, but it has only been a week. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerribear
Takemylife: I think all those immediate symptoms would've scared the wits out of me! I assume that because you're feeling better (and survived all that pus & stuff!) that it was an expected response? How did you know when to go off it and were you on anything else at the same time?
If I had not had a successful treatment with colloidal silver back in 1996, I would probably have thrown the product out. But since I had the experience of knowing what it is like to get through a herx, I knew the was a positive thing.

When the bottoms of my feet hurt, I knew this was going to help me.

Once my baths were unable to keep up with the herx, I would have to back off the Samento. I could even smell a musky smell on me which is very unusal. My wife even noticed it. When the happens, I know that Im loaded with back up toxins and have no choice but to back off and catch up with the baths. After a few days I can begin slowly again.

The only other product I am taking now is a concentrated fruit and veg capsule. It is an alkanizer and right now the bacteria seems to be in a mad rush to get out. I am itching like crazy despite the baths. I have had to omit the epsom salt and peroxide. I believe the cats claw was so powerful it started the ball rolling...Im sure it would have worked on its own but I wanted to add the alkanizer to the protocall. For this week im just going to continue with the alkanizer caps and bath daily for an hour. Then resume the Cats claw again. I have improved by 35-40 in eight weeks. I have had the illness since age 12. I am now 34

Last edited by itsmylife; 03-02-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:47 PM   #14

autmom HB User

I got the TOA Free capsules for dh to try. They are not supposed to be as strong as the liquid, but should be better suited to dh. He won't do liquid supplements anyway. I'm just going to have him take one a day along with the other supplements he takes.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:10 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

sleeperwoken HB User

I have tried the capsules and the drops. One thing that is curious to me is that the capsules say start at 2/3X a day for ten days and then scale down to maintenance dose. On the other hand, the liquid says start with 4 drops and work up to 25 for maintenance dose. So the capsules start big and the drops end with a big dose. I wonder what that's all about?

Closed Thread