It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Lyme Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User
Exclamation Detox baths...

I just wanted to post an encouraging note about the detox baths mentioned on this board.

I had been doing them on and off with no schedule as I've been so easily fatigued and falling frequently, not wanting to be alone during that time.

Changing to doing them every day while my husband is home, I've noticed some great results and I hope those people who are feeling so exhausted might try doing this for a while.

THANKS, Laurie! Hope mark is continuing to do well.....!

Old 04-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User
Re: Detox baths...

Hey gerribear,

I'm like you in trying to do the baths. Kind of here and there and when hubby is home after falling twice. I know takemylife feels great after his baths but I am still drained. I decided yesterday that I will hit them every day for a few weeks and maybe I will see a difference. I sent my hubby to buy the stuff and he loaded up for about 1 1/2 weeks. Maybe by then it will help and show improvement. Last night I was so tired that I sat in the bath for at least 5 minutes after I was done just to have the strength to get out.
Hopefully this will improve like it has for you. Like takemylife said we are probably so full of die-off that it will take a while to get us clean again. I went to the doctor for another bottle of colloidal silver today and then go back on the 19th to see if it is working. I hope so. Hope you are doing okay and staying on your feet.
betterdaysforme

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Dr. Jernigan goes in to detail about these types of baths in the book "Beating Lyme disease using alternative medicine and god living design."

The title sounds a little hokey but what an excellent book. This doctor understands disease and can explain it in a way that can be understood.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
(female)

Amber29 HB User

I just did a detox bath with baking soda and epsom salt. I feel totally exhausted and weak. Is this normal?

Old 04-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Amber, I don't know about "normal" anything anymore...LOL BUT, I will say that the first bath did nothing for me...I did another one about a week later and had to hold on to the wall to just get back to bed - slept for a few hours afterward....I did Laurie's Hydrogen Peroxide & Epsom salts recipe, but I know someone else used Baking Soda. I may try that a little further on...

It's probably a little different for everyone, but I think Laurie had said to do them every day till Herxing is over...

I am going to get that book on the natural treatments - I read the excerpts in Amazon a while ago, but opted to get "Everything.......about Lyme" book instead and get Dr. J's book this month...

Thanks, Takemylife and BetterDays....I do believe my brain is functioning well enough to make a bit of sense of information for a while...Hope the baths will help you too, BD!

Old 04-08-2005, 07:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

I too, don't use detox bath with any regularity. I was getting in 2 - 3 a week and I know I need to pick it up big time. My tissues are so sore.

I also had been adding apple cider vinegar to the epsom/peroxide after massage therapist recommended it and doing some research of my own. Can't remember now what the benefit is but I seemed to feel worse after using it - like it was doing good but I needed to stick with it and get a schedule??

I did an exhaustive research on detox baths trying to find ANYONE to backup a suggestion to put zinc tablets in water - could not find ONE mention of it and I'm pretty good at researching. Found lots of combinations of:

hyd. perox.
epsom or other salts
ap cider vin
baking soda

I wonder if I can therapeutically use all 4 ingredients at once?? Or even if the three combo I've tried is anti-therapeutic...

Thoughts?

Old 04-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerribear
I am going to get that book on the natural treatments - I read the excerpts in Amazon a while ago, but opted to get "Everything.......about Lyme" book instead and get Dr. J's book this month...

I also purchased "Everything you need to know." I didn't find it very informative. Dr. J's book was exactly what I was looking for. It explains what we are dealing with, tells you how to combat it and give you much hope.

Old 04-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

itsmylife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjFTWORTH
I too, don't use detox bath with any regularity. I was getting in 2 - 3 a week and I know I need to pick it up big time. My tissues are so sore.

I also had been adding apple cider vinegar to the epsom/peroxide after massage therapist recommended it and doing some research of my own. Can't remember now what the benefit is but I seemed to feel worse after using it - like it was doing good but I needed to stick with it and get a schedule??

I did an exhaustive research on detox baths trying to find ANYONE to backup a suggestion to put zinc tablets in water - could not find ONE mention of it and I'm pretty good at researching. Found lots of combinations of:

hyd. perox.
epsom or other salts
ap cider vin
baking soda

I wonder if I can therapeutically use all 4 ingredients at once?? Or even if the three combo I've tried is anti-therapeutic...

Thoughts?
I have to wonder about the function of the cider and vinegar. Only because the cider and venegar are acid promoters.

Old 04-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #9
(male)

Carl Erik HB User

I am looking into therapy by a doctor Kane in PA who writes that a detox of the body can not be accomplished while mercury is present. Guess what ... almalgam fillings contain around 50% mercury. I'm in the process of having mine removed over the next few months.

Mercury fools the body in thinking that all the viruses and bacteria have been killed off. After a complete detox, medicine, vitamins, herbs and other remidies can better do their job and neuro-regeneration can start.

Have you read or heard anything similar to this?

Old 04-08-2005, 03:17 PM   #10
Veteran

dizzyinmissouri HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Erik
I am looking into therapy by a doctor Kane in PA who writes that a detox of the body can not be accomplished while mercury is present. Guess what ... almalgam fillings contain around 50% mercury. I'm in the process of having mine removed over the next few months.

Mercury fools the body in thinking that all the viruses and bacteria have been killed off. After a complete detox, medicine, vitamins, herbs and other remidies can better do their job and neuro-regeneration can start.

Hey, Carl!
I am in the process of getting my mercury fillings out also. With everything that I have read about mercury I have found the same information. Actually is more harmful to try to detox with the mercury fillings in place. So I am going to get the mercury removed and then proceed from there.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Vicki

Old 04-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

outinthe_woods HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyinmissouri
Hey, Carl!
I am in the process of getting my mercury fillings out also. With everything that I have read about mercury I have found the same information. Actually is more harmful to try to detox with the mercury fillings in place. So I am going to get the mercury removed and then proceed from there.

Let me know how it goes for you!

Vicki
Oh, my! My brain fog had pondered this question when it came up a few times previously and filed it away. I'm making a note to check with my dentist as to what's in my mouth after all these years!

Old 04-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemylife
I also purchased "Everything you need to know." I didn't find it very informative. Dr. J's book was exactly what I was looking for. It explains what we are dealing with, tells you how to combat it and give you much hope.
Hey takemylife,

Where did you get Dr. J's book? On the internet or can you get it at Barnes and Noble?
betterdaysforme

Old 04-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Betterdaysforme HB User

Quote:
Hey takemylife,

Where did you get Dr. J's book? On the internet or can you get it at Barnes and Noble? Did it talk about the natural approach by itself?
betterdaysforme

Old 04-09-2005, 07:22 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Quote:
I have to wonder about the function of the cider and vinegar. Only because the cider and venegar are acid promoters.
Thanks for the input. I know AC is used faithfully by those trying to maintain ph balance but nothing beyond that. I think I will remove the AC unitl I know more.

Interested in getting the strips that tell you of your ph balance and trying to gain balance. do you have any insight on trying to achieve that while treating lyme???

muchas gracias, cj

Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

cjFTWORTH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Erik

I too, am curious/concerned about all the 'silver' I see in my mouth... and confess that I'm leary that my dentist will be on the conservative side and think I'm wack to ask, be concerned, etc. I so put them on pedestals and hate that i do it.

Will a dentist easily be able to say 'amalgam' or not, on fillings they didn't personally fill???

again, thanks for prodding me... carl, how did you go about researching what was in your mouth, was your dentist cooperative? etc??

Closed Thread